Automation Control Engineer
Maintenance – Maintenance Team (ENG) /
CDI / Permanent position /
Verkor is a French industrial company aiming to pioneer low-carbon battery manufacturing in France. With the backing of prominent industrial companies such as Renault Group, Plastic Omnium and Schneider Electric, Verkor intends to electrify the future of European mobility.
With over 350 experts from 38 different countries, our endeavor is to unite exceptional global talent to bring this ambitious and innovative project to life. Our strong and agile international team continues to grow and adapt to new challenges. Based in Grenoble (France), we have recently started operations our Verkor Innovation Centre (R&D centre and 4.0 pilot line).
We now focus on building the world’s most modern and efficient Gigafactory in Dunkirk (France). With this facility, our ambition is an initial annual production of 16 Gwh of lithium-ion batteries by 2025, thus powering 300,000 electric vehicles annually.
In joining us you will actively participate in this breathtaking industrial adventure to shape the future of European mobility.
The role will evolve from the planning, setting up and improving the pilot line to planning and setting up the gigafactory line.
It will involve PLC, HMI programming and troubleshooting.
Verkor follows a culture of full-cycle engineering where members will have full responsibility and accountability for their projects from start to finish.
- Provide engineering support to maintenance team
- Participate in the equipment start-up and commissioning tests - SAT and FAT
- Collaborate with the digitalization, product and process engineering team to optimize the manufacturing flow.
- Increase the level of process automation
- Deploy predictive maintenance 4.0
- Manage the automation spare parts
- Apply advanced troubleshooting to automation system problems.
- 5-10 years of experience in programming software and special machines.
- Expert knowledge of programming Schneider M340 series and Siemens S7 series. Mitsubishi R series will be a plus.
- High knowledge of HMI Schneider and Siemens.
- Experience with UA OPC Protocol will be useful.
- Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Automation /Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Preferred: M.S. in Industrial/Automation Engineering or similar discipline.
- Experience with products sensitive to environmental conditions industries.
- Clean room and dry room experience will be useful.
- English & French (knowledge of Korean will be useful)
- Temporary relocation to Gigafactory site in Dunkirk may be required in the future
Why join us?
Strong company spirit and culture settle down around our 4 values:
We promote personal initiative and give everyone the means to contribute to the company's success.
We're committed to transparent communication: we say what we think, and we mean what we say.
Everyone, in their role, is an ambassador for the company. At Verkor, success is most definitely a team sport!
We're all working towards a common goal: a sustainable future, which we're building one step at a time.
Attractive work conditions*
- Stimulating work environment: pleasant offices, multicultural and motivated team
- Lunch vouchers
- 50% of local transportation costs financed
- 5 weeks of holidays per year + 2 weeks of compensation time (RTT)* conditions may apply depending on type of contract
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect with worldwide experts
For more info on the company, please visit us at www.verkor.com
*all positions are open to individuals possessing a Recognition of the Status of Disabled Worker (RQTH)
*conditions may apply depending on type of contract