Project Sourcing Buyer
Procurement & Supply Chain – Procurement Team /
CDI / Permanent position /
Verkor is a French industrial company aiming to pioneer low-carbon battery manufacturing in France. With the backing of prominent industrial companies such as Renault Group, Plastic Omnium and Schneider Electric, Verkor intends to electrify the future of European mobility.
With over 350 experts from 38 different countries, our endeavor is to unite exceptional global talent to bring this ambitious and innovative project to life. Our strong and agile international team continues to grow and adapt to new challenges. Based in Grenoble (France), we have recently started operations our Verkor Innovation Centre (R&D centre and 4.0 pilot line).
We now focus on building the world’s most modern and efficient Gigafactory in Dunkirk (France). With this facility, our ambition is an initial annual production of 16 Gwh of lithium-ion batteries by 2025, thus powering 300,000 electric vehicles annually.
In joining us you will actively participate in this breathtaking industrial adventure to shape the future of European mobility.
Project Sourcing Buyer is responsible for managing Capex Industrial Components and Real Estate Construction Project activities and associated operations to meet our business goals development for Verkor Innovation Center and Giga Factory. Ensure the best safe, reliable, cost and service solutions for Internal Customers including Manufacturing and Construction. Budget > 100m€
- Represent Procurement in Construction Project Team Giga Factory and VIC to manage execution of buying activities for Building Construction, Consultancy, Facility Management, Energy (capex-opex).
- Represent Procurement in the Industrial Project Team (Product & Process) and manage execution of sourcing activities for future- recurrent purchases items. Covering both equipment (tooling) capex and materials non capex, you will be responsible to source components for Battery Module (design to cost and make or buyer approach).
- Drive sourcing action for the different needs expressed by internal Stakeholders by using Source to Contract approach : manage RFI-RFQ process on digital way, negotiate, run selection grid and negotiate appropriate contract.
- Contribute with the Team to develop our processes: Supplier Qualification (eg audits, survey,grid) , Supplier Evaluation for appropriate category (SRM).
- Operate on a transparent manner Market Intelligence in order to propose Innovation to our Key Stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain category expertise supporting our Key Stakeholders and Recommended suppliers (Supplier Orientation Chart) fostering collaboration for Innovation.
- Contribute strongly to the Supply Chain/Procurement performance (productivity, design to cost, service on time,..) assigned by the company (KPi) including Stakeholders satisfaction.
- Working with the head of Supply Chain and Procurement Experts , develop and sustain supplier relationship management processes, procedure and associated metrics to drive continuous improvements for inbound Supply Chain, Quality and Service.
- Deal with effectiveness : work collaboratively with members of the Supply Chain organization and wider business stakeholders to contribute on continuous improvement in all aspects of supply of goods and services
- Pro active to propose improvement in procurement processes and procedures to ensure continuity of service , consistency of work tasks and digitization (Source to Pay) in relation with Procurement Operational Specialist.
Qualifications and skills
- Justified experience 2 to 5 years in Procurement Project Industrial Organization.
- Ideally Master Degree in Procurement Management (or/and Engineer degree).
- Familiar with large scope of Category but especially Equipment-Tooling and Building Construction (capex) and materials (non-capex) life-cycle procurement (in International context nice to have)
- Procurement digital : ERP system like SAP, Sourcing plateform like Ariba, Coupa or others) including Microsoft applications
- Familiar with Procurement Operation (source to pay, source to contract)
- Good relationship management and communication skills
- Problem solver, entrepreneurship
- Team Player
- Result oriented
- Strategic thinking and good negotiator
- Resilient: capable to handle tight deadlines pressure
- Good written, verbal and presentation
- Flexible and willing to learn and work as a team
- Digital accument
- English & French language
Why join us?
Strong company spirit and culture settle down around our 4 values:
We promote personal initiative and give everyone the means to contribute to the company's success.
We're committed to transparent communication: we say what we think, and we mean what we say.
Everyone, in their role, is an ambassador for the company. At Verkor, success is most definitely a team sport!
We're all working towards a common goal: a sustainable future, which we're building one step at a time.
Attractive work conditions*
- Stimulating work environment: pleasant offices, multicultural and motivated team
- Lunch vouchers
- 50% of local transportation costs financed
- 5 weeks of holidays per year + 2 weeks of compensation time (RTT)* conditions may apply depending on type of contract
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect with worldwide experts
For more info on the company, please visit us at www.verkor.com
*all positions are open to individuals possessing a Recognition of the Status of Disabled Worker (RQTH)
*conditions may apply depending on type of contract