Calendering and Slitting Engineer
Process Engineering – Process Engineering Team /
CDI / Permanent position /
Verkor is a French industrial company aiming to pioneer low-carbon battery manufacturing in France. With the backing of prominent industrial companies such as Renault Group, Plastic Omnium and Schneider Electric, Verkor intends to electrify the future of European mobility.
With over 350 experts from 38 different countries, our endeavor is to unite exceptional global talent to bring this ambitious and innovative project to life. Our strong and agile international team continues to grow and adapt to new challenges. Based in Grenoble (France), we have recently started operations our Verkor Innovation Centre (R&D centre and 4.0 pilot line).
We now focus on building the world’s most modern and efficient Gigafactory in Dunkirk (France). With this facility, our ambition is an initial annual production of 16 Gwh of lithium-ion batteries by 2025, thus powering 300,000 electric vehicles annually.
In joining us you will actively participate in this breathtaking industrial adventure to shape the future of European mobility.
We have an exciting opportunity as Calendaring and Slitting Engineer in our Process Team. In this role, you will be responsible for the processes that calendar and slit the electrodes.
Temporary relocation to Grenoble for a period of 6 months for training purposes on our Verkor Innovation Centre is expected.
You are embracing the objective of building and structuring Verkor as the most advanced battery manufacturing company in the world.
- Commissioning the pilot and Gigafactory calendaring and slitting processes from FAT to SOP.
- Collaborating with the product engineering team to optimize the processes for the electrode design.
- Improving calendaring and slitting by increasing the level of process automation, which will save capital and operating costs.
- Testing and validating state-of-the-art technologies for use in the calendaring and slitting processes.
- During operation, you will complete root cause investigations into defects in the electrode process.
Requirements - Qualifications and skills
- Evidence of exceptional ability. Verkor follows a culture of full-cycle engineering where members will have full responsibility and accountability for their projects from start to finish. We are looking for the best of the best.
- 3-5 years of experience working in electrode calendaring and/or slitting.
- Experience with sensors for roll-to-roll web processes, such as beta-ray, x-ray, ultrasonic, laser, and vision inspection.
- Experience in manufacturing environment, particularly with coating width (up to 1400mm) product.
- Experience with products sensitive to environmental conditions, such as the electronics or food industries. Cleanroom and dry room experience will be useful.
- Strong statistical and data analysis skills with tools such as Python, Matlab, and Minitab.
- Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Preferred: M.S. in Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Language: Professional English
Why join us?
Strong company spirit and culture settle down around our 4 values:
We promote personal initiative and give everyone the means to contribute to the company's success.
We're committed to transparent communication: we say what we think, and we mean what we say.
Everyone, in their role, is an ambassador for the company. At Verkor, success is most definitely a team sport!
We're all working towards a common goal: a sustainable future, which we're building one step at a time.
Attractive work conditions*
- Stimulating work environment: pleasant offices, multicultural and motivated team
- Lunch vouchers
- 50% of local transportation costs financed
- 5 weeks of holidays per year + 2 weeks of compensation time (RTT)* conditions may apply depending on type of contract
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect with worldwide experts
For more info on the company, please visit us at www.verkor.com
*all positions are open to individuals possessing a Recognition of the Status of Disabled Worker (RQTH)
*conditions may apply depending on type of contract