Maintenance – Maintenance Team (ENG) /
CDI / Permanent position /
Verkor is a French industrial company aiming to pioneer low-carbon battery manufacturing in France. With the backing of prominent industrial companies such as Renault Group, Plastic Omnium and Schneider Electric, Verkor intends to electrify the future of European mobility.
With over 350 experts from 38 different countries, our endeavor is to unite exceptional global talent to bring this ambitious and innovative project to life. Our strong and agile international team continues to grow and adapt to new challenges. Based in Grenoble (France), we have recently started operations our Verkor Innovation Centre (R&D centre and 4.0 pilot line).
We now focus on building the world’s most modern and efficient Gigafactory in Dunkirk (France). With this facility, our ambition is an initial annual production of 16 Gwh of lithium-ion batteries by 2025, thus powering 300,000 electric vehicles annually.
In joining us you will actively participate in this breathtaking industrial adventure to shape the future of European mobility.
We have an exciting opportunity as HVAC Engineer for our Verkor Innovation Center, our pilot line, based in Grenoble. In this role, you will be responsible of creating and developing heating and cooling systems within our new build factory.
You will embrace the objective of building and structuring Verkor as the most advanced battery manufacturing company in the world.
- Detailed load estimating utilizing computer software simulation. Includes knowledge of building construction materials, knowledge of meeting outdoor air requirements for indoor air quality and a general understanding of internal heat loads (ie lights, computers, equipment, etc.)
- Application and selection of various types of HVAC equipment including air handling units, fans, coils, condensing units, and furnaces
- Design and layout of commercial and industrial duct systems including supply, return, exhaust, ventilation, and dust collection systems.
- Application and selection of air terminal devices such as variable air volume boxes, grilles and diffusers, and louvers.
- Design, application, and selection of hydronic systems and steam/condensate systems including chillers, boilers, cooling towers, pumps, and associated system accessories.
- Development of construction document packages based on the project requirements and application. This shall include project coordination with other disciplines (structural, architectural electrical drafting personnel, and checking project construction documents.
- Writing job-specific equipment and materials specifications.
- Attending and conducting client meetings to clearly understand job/owner requirements and expectations. Includes, project review meetings, construction meetings, and project closeout meetings.
- Project shop drawing and submittal review.
- On-site inspections of HVAC system installations
- Mechanical or electrical or industrial Master degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the HVAC design field.
- General knowledge of HVAC system controls desirable. Includes development of general HVAC temperature control diagrams and written sequences of operation.
- General knowledge of plumbing design would be beneficial but not required. This would include general knowledge of the plumbing code and specific requirements for sanitary sewer and vent design, storm sewer piping design, and domestic hot and cold water design.
- Consulting engineering experience is desirable but not required.
- PE License or working towards Licensure desirable.
- Temporary relocation to Gigafactory site in Dunkirk may be required in the future
Why join us?
Strong company spirit and culture settle down around our 4 values:
We promote personal initiative and give everyone the means to contribute to the company's success.
We're committed to transparent communication: we say what we think, and we mean what we say.
Everyone, in their role, is an ambassador for the company. At Verkor, success is most definitely a team sport!
We're all working towards a common goal: a sustainable future, which we're building one step at a time.
Attractive work conditions*
- Stimulating work environment: pleasant offices, multicultural and motivated team
- Lunch vouchers
- 50% of local transportation costs financed
- 5 weeks of holidays per year + 2 weeks of compensation time (RTT)* conditions may apply depending on type of contract
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect with worldwide experts
For more info on the company, please visit us at www.verkor.com
*all positions are open to individuals possessing a Recognition of the Status of Disabled Worker (RQTH)
*conditions may apply depending on type of contract