Industrial Equipment Sourcing Senior Buyer
Procurement & Supply Chain – Procurement Team /
CDI / Permanent position /
Verkor is a French industrial company aiming to pioneer low-carbon battery manufacturing in France. With the backing of prominent industrial companies such as Renault Group, Plastic Omnium and Schneider Electric, Verkor intends to electrify the future of European mobility.
With over 350 experts from 38 different countries, our endeavor is to unite exceptional global talent to bring this ambitious and innovative project to life. Our strong and agile international team continues to grow and adapt to new challenges. Based in Grenoble (France), we have recently started operations our Verkor Innovation Centre (R&D centre and 4.0 pilot line).
We now focus on building the world’s most modern and efficient Gigafactory in Dunkirk (France). With this facility, our ambition is an initial annual production of 16 Gwh of lithium-ion batteries by 2025, thus powering 300,000 electric vehicles annually.
In joining us you will actively participate in this breathtaking industrial adventure to shape the future of European mobility.
Industrial Equipment Sourcing Buyer is responsible for managing battery manufacturing equipment for Mega & Giga Factory projects activities but also R&D and Laboratory equipment and associated operations to meet the business goals development of Verkor Innovation Center and Giga Factory. Ensure the best safe, reliable, cost and service solutions for Internal Customers including Manufacturing and Process department but also Verkor organization.
Budget > 500m€ for the perimeter in the next 3 years.
- Be a key business partner inside our Mega and Giga Factory Project Team to propose the best sourcing and manage execution of buying activities for Manufacturing Equipment (Electrode Manufacturing, Cell Assembly & Formation; Filtration and Recovery Systems; R&D & Laboratory Equipment).
- Represent Procurement in the different Verkor programs: VIC, Giga Factory for all category needs linked to Industrial Equipment. Fast track approach to succeed in our ambition and satisfy our customers in term of service on time and design to cost.
- Pro-active to run market intelligence supporting process team innovation endeavours and proposing innovation leads to our key stakeholders. Communicate market trend and risk & opportunity, with a particular focus on battery manufacturing industrial equipment in the European Market; R&D and laboratory equipment.
- Drive sourcing action for the different needs expressed by internal Stakeholders by using Source to Contract approach: manage RFI-RFQ processes, negotiate contracts terms including price, delivery time and payment terms, prepare selection grid for management approval and negotiate/manage relevant contract.
- Create and foster relationship with existent suppliers, develop European industrial equipment manufacturers’ funnel with respect to Verkor’s process teams’ technical requirements.
- Contribute with the team to develop our processes: Supplier Qualification (eg audits, survey, grid) , supplier evaluation for appropriate category (SRM). Run supplier audit when relevant.
- Develop and maintain category expertise supporting our Key Stakeholders and Recommended suppliers (Supplier Orientation Chart) fostering collaboration for our future Project.
- Contribute strongly to the Supply Chain/Procurement performance (productivity, design to cost, service on time,..) assigned by the company (KPI) including Stakeholders satisfaction.
- Deal with effectiveness: work collaboratively with members of the Supply Chain organization and wider business stakeholders to contribute on continuous improvement in all aspects of supply of goods and services
- Pro active to propose improvement in procurement processes and procedures to ensure continuity of service , consistency of work tasks and digitization (Source to Pay) in relation with Procurement Operational Specialist.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Procurement Project Organization : Industrial Equipment
- Understanding of automatization and manufacturing processes
- Ideally Master Degree in Procurement Management with a strong industrial knowledge (or/and Engineer degree).
- Procurement digital aspects : at ease with ERP system like SAP, Sourcing plateform like Ariba, Coupa or others) including Microsoft applications.
- Working knowledge of Procurement Operation (source to pay, source to contract)
- At ease with manufacturing digitization technologies. Curious, ability to understand technical agreements applied to battery industry in cooperation with Verkor process and product engineering teams.
- Good relationship management and communication skills
- Project leadership
- Problem solver, entrepreneurship
- Team Player
- Result oriented
- Strategic thinking and good negotiator
- Resilient: capable to handle tight deadlines pressure
- Good written, verbal and presentation
- Flexible and willing to learn and work as a team player
- Digital acumen
Why join us?
Strong company spirit and culture settle down around our 4 values:
We promote personal initiative and give everyone the means to contribute to the company's success.
We're committed to transparent communication: we say what we think, and we mean what we say.
Everyone, in their role, is an ambassador for the company. At Verkor, success is most definitely a team sport!
We're all working towards a common goal: a sustainable future, which we're building one step at a time.
Attractive work conditions*
- Stimulating work environment: pleasant offices, multicultural and motivated team
- Lunch vouchers
- 50% of local transportation costs financed
- 5 weeks of holidays per year + 2 weeks of compensation time (RTT)* conditions may apply depending on type of contract
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect with worldwide experts
For more info on the company, please visit us at www.verkor.com
*all positions are open to individuals possessing a Recognition of the Status of Disabled Worker (RQTH)
*conditions may apply depending on type of contract