Senior AWS Engineer - Expression of Interest
Singapore, Singapore /
Singapore Professional Services – Cloud Adoption /
Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native applications, data streams, platforms and services.
Our solutions are centred around AWS and best of breed technology. From a stand-still start in 2014, we've grown to over 400 Versentonians in just five years across Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Singapore and now Denver.
With a diversified offering in professional services, managed services and product, we are poised for significant growth in 2021.
We're going through a period of massive growth, and we're not slowing down especially in Singapore! Forecasting to grow more in terms of head count we would like a kickstart to those who wishes to apply for a expression of interest with Versent!
We're interested in Senior AWS DevOps Engineers to join our ranks. We have fantastic career opportunities. You will be helping to shape the future of Versent in Singapore and joining at a very exciting time in our growth.
You will be working on enterprise size projects with well known companies. You will be put with an experienced team made of engineers, developers and a Principal Consultant. You will have the opportunity to learn from some of the brightest minds in the industry!
A pure hands-on role working with both the internal and customers team of engineers, to contribute on detailed design work and produce engineering artefacts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Positively and respectfully contribute thoughts into design discussions within the team, then accept consensus outcome and commit to completing works with grace. Feedback from team and Principal and Lead Engineers.
- Act an engineer to solve problems using domain knowledge and contribute to engineering outputs to a production level quality, through the production of code artefacts. Provide technical guidance to other Engineers through code reviews, technical guidance, training and provision of advice around best practices. Assist new Versent employees to develop their understanding of Versent engineering practices and approaches.
- Work within an Agile scrum, actively contributing to agile ceremonies and leading when required. Accept story allocated and take full ownership from genesis to completion, providing concise and accurate updates to Principal Consultant, completing story within timeframe to agreed specifications. Feedback from Principal Consultant, Lead Engineer.
- Produce engineering outcomes that meet the teams Ways of Working including all documentation, unit testing coverage, code within quality scores, completing acceptance target. Alignment to technology frameworks and processes agreed by the team that are used within the engagement. Refactoring code and paying down tech-debt only within the delivery budget. Feedback from Principal Consultant and Lead Engineer.
- Actively contribute to a positive, goal-orientated team culture (both Versent and with customers), engaging effectively with all team members in line with Versent Values to contribute to a successful and supported team environment. Team feedback.
- Infra Automation: Ansible
- AWS Stack Design, Deployment and Support
- Design automation following the CI/CD methodology
- Provision and configure AWS cloud based resources to manage complex application environments
- Implement and manage orchestration tools and work on automating entire technical stack (full stack)
- Customer / client facing, so prior consultancy experience is always good. Must be able to hold own if that project requires that etc.
- CI/CD experience with Jenkins or similar tools
- Agile/SCRUM experience
- Scripting skills in Python, JSON, Ruby or Shell
- There is always a long list of tools, we look for those that know their stuff and can share that knowledge with there team while continuing to learn.
No cool cliques, just motivated passionate humans generating ideas and devising solutions in a creative, collaborative workspace. We're building a team and looking for people who can think outside the square and deliver what others might consider impossible.
At Versent, we embrace the notion of Family: working together to achieve outstanding success.
What we offer you
At Versent we invest in our people, with benefits such as:
· Competitive salary package.
· Working in a flexible, outcome-driven environment. Outside of client obligations, you can work from the office or home as needed. Also, leave the suit and tie behind and put on a Versent T-shirt instead.
· Weekly internal tech talks; all streamed and recorded so those who can’t make it to the office can still participate. For those who do make it, there’s pizza, beer, wine and soft drinks on tap.
· Regular social events, meetups and guest speakers organised and facilitated by our team.
· A supportive family culture. If you need help, just ask.
· Celebration of the wins – big or small, because we know how hard you work.
And finally, we believe that every human is equal, across every dimension, and we function as an unbiased meritocracy. We strive to have Inclusion front and centre in how we operate and embed the fundamentals of tolerance and understanding in everything we do. This core belief is woven into all our policies.
Curious? Here is more about us – but honestly, we are more interested in you!