Cloud Principal Engineer - Perth
Perth PS – Cloud
Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native applications, data streams, platforms and services. Our solutions are centred around AWS and best of breed technology. From a stand-still start in 2014, we've grown to over 360 family members both locally and internationally. With a diversified offering in professional services, managed services and product, we are poised for significant growth in 2020.
Our Perth team is growing rapidly, having tripled the team and just moved into new offices at WeWork. We're always looking to talk to people who resonate with our values and want to make a difference to not just Versent, but the broader community and our clients.
We are currently seeking a Principal Engineer to join our Cloud practice in Perth. Principal Engineers are our technical experts - you will want to remain technical and on the tools.
We structure our project teams so that the delivery team (including you) is shielded from most things outside of engineering. You will be running the engineering team from a day-to-day perspective, focusing on the complex infrastructure/cloud/devops challenges and supporting the team wherever needed.
- Experience working across a breadth of technology, things like - Windows/Linux system admin, Databases, Security, AWS, API. A strong background with AWS is highly regarded.
- Strong experience working in complex environments, whether they be massive, convoluted Windows environments or an environment running a HA, highly scaleable app/s.
- Experience leading a team, not necessarily 'people management' but mentoring
- You will have seasoned technical depth, still enjoy dabbling with new tools, be a go-to for other engineers and are likely known within the community.
- You will have a natural ability to influence and present across business and technical teams - pulling together meaningful, transformational outcomes.
- Without doubt, you have the resilience required to deal with influences and blockers that come from dealing with large enterprises. This shouldn't be your main role, but you need the ability to be able to do so.
At the core of what we do, we're an engineering company. We value our people more than commercials and put culture at the centre of everything. Some of the things we do to bring the team together are monthly social events, regular lunch time tech-talks and both family and Versent Christmas parties.
We embrace the notion of Family at Versent, working together to achieve outstanding success. We have monthly social events to bring everyone together, often supporting charity initiatives such as TourXOz and RUOK Day. We're supportive of bringing both kids and dogs into the office (which makes it a bit more lively!) and have a flexible work environment.
VERSENT VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
People: We believe in a positive team with family spirit, because life is too short for anything else.
Customer: We create remarkable experiences for customers and treat them as we wish to be treated.
Quality: Be Artisans who care for their craft and lead change through continuous improvement.
Reliability: Do what we say we will do when we say we will do it, every time.
Transparency: Full disclosure, integrity and honesty in all things.
Reciprocate: Give back and assist as much as possible, whenever possible.