Director, Account Management
Remote- US /
Sales + Marketing /
Full Time- Remote
Interviewing for a new company is a serious time commitment for all parties involved. Please take the time to read this and thoughtfully consider if we would be a good fit for one another. This is a full-time position. You must be located in the continental US. No contractors or agencies. Seriously.
About This Role
As our Director of Account Management, you will both manage the Account Managment organization as well as manage and own a book of strategic client relationships and find mutually beneficial ways to grow the size of the account over time.
We’re looking for a wolf in sheep's clothing. Someone who is highly adept and forming business relationships and finding ways to help grow them. Here's what we're looking for in our Director of Account Management:
* 2-4 years of management experience
* 8-10 years of B2B Account Management experience as a revenue owner
* 1-2 years of working directly with large B2B clients
* History of learning complex technical systems quickly
* "Success First" mindset
If you’re great at developing people and have an under-rated nose for deals, read…
What You’ll Be Working On
Very is first and foremost a software consultancy. We tackle hard problems for clients who need a targeted, senior team to come in and provide specific solutions. Our customer base is expanding into the IoT space, and we are gaining traction here due to our ability to develop hardware and software rapidly in parallel. Our projects in this domain have ranged from data acquisition and alerting for industrial power systems to automated self-pour beer taps. As the Director of Account Management, you'll be a player-coach and some of your accountabilities will be, but not limited to:
* Managing & growing a team of High Performing Account Managers
* Building an Account Management process that scales to hundreds of concurrent projects & clients
* Working within an overall Account-Based strategy, including Marketing, Sales, and Delivery
* Acting as a Player-Coach, which includes individual contributor Account Management
* Working with clients to deliver their projects on time and in budget
* Hitting monthly individual expansion & renewal targets
* Finding additional development opportunities related to the current project
* Finding new opportunities within the larger organization, parent company, subsidiaries, partners in collaboration with Account Executive (AE)
* Leading a "Customer Success" strategy for each customer within a complex services organization
* Finding referrals from client stakeholders, CTOs or executives
* Getting introductions to partner companies, SaaS platforms integrated with project, other agencies connected to the project
* Understanding client needs and solutions by working with Delivery Team & Product Managers
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula.
You can expect your On target earnings to be ~$130,000-$150,000 depending on skill level. We also offer world class perks including:
* A generous maternity/paternity leave policy
* Fantastic healthcare coverage ($0 out of pocket for most employee premiums)
* Very-high 401K match (33% match vs 6% industry average)
* Numerous other employee benefits including reimbursement for home office equipment and gym memberships.
Very was launched in 2011, but back then, we were known as Spartan Systems. As a remote-first company, we started with employees in Maryland, Massachusetts, Tennessee and New York. In 2013, our business was growing at a rapid pace, and we decided our need for a conventional office space was undeniable. Chattanooga, TN became our first “real” company location. Employees could continue to work remotely, they could work out of our new office space or a mix if they chose.
After a company rebrand in 2017, we became Very. Like the word itself, Very exists to emphasize impact- not for ourselves, but for the companies we serve. Our work has always been about positioning our clients for long-term success, and then amplifying it.
Towards the end of 2018, we sold our office space and now we are proud to say: Very is a remote-only company. We don’t have a physical office... anywhere. In fact, looking for great talent in non-traditional locations is baked right into our hiring process and we believe it’s what makes us awesome. Our operations and culture are built to nurture and leverage this reality.