Senior Full-stack Engineer (Python) - Colombia
Remote - Colombia /
Full Time- Remote
Note: If you're not located/residing in the country mentioned in the post's title, do not continue. Your application won't even be reviewed.
We value well-tested, reusable code and expect our engineers to be as good a practitioners as they are leaders and teachers.
About This Role
Very is a remote-first company, meaning we don’t have a physical office, and you can work from anywhere in Latin America. Your home, a co-working space, on the road, you name it. If you feel like moving, you don’t have to change jobs.
As a Senior Full-stack Engineer, you will be working across multiple technologies. This requires an interest in API engineering, DevOps, SQL and NoSQL databases, cloud infrastructure and everything in between...
During your tenure at Very, you could be exposed to some, if not all of the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
- Typescript, React
- Mobile: iOS, Android, React Native
- AWS: AWS Lambda and the Serverless Framework
What You’ll Be Working On
Very is a fully-distributed specialized consulting firm, partnering with our clients to build systems for smart manufacturing, smart energy & utilities, consumer electronics, and connected wellness. Learn more at verypossible.com.
Currently, we have clients with needs matching this specific job description, and you will be hired to work with one of these clients. You’ll spend the majority of your time working on your client project, and the remainder of your time can be spent improving Very. These internal contributions often include working on open source projects, building internal products, improving your craft, educating others, and more.
Upon completion of your first project, you will move on to other client projects for Very.
At Very, there is a never-ending supply of variety to the types of projects we work on. In the last year, we’ve built solutions that touch e-commerce, trust management (finance), beer distribution, point of sale systems, ICO’s, identifying fake news, and much more.
2. At least an upper intermediate level in English. A B2 of better in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Note: Don't get discouraged if you don't have this level officially. What we really care about is that you feel comfortable communicating complex ideas and building rapport with English-speaking clients.
1. At least 1 year of experience with React (preferably) or React Native.
2. Some experience with the other languages mentioned in the Application Requirements section.
3. At least 2 years of experience in client services. Applicants should feel comfortable interacting with English-speaking clients daily.
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula for Latin America-based employees.
Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect to make somewhere between $3,500 and $5,500 USD per month upon joining the company.
There are higher salaries and growth opportunities for proven leaders.
- Annual Bonus: up to 7% in first year (increases with tenure)
- 22 days of paid time off your first year (increases with tenure)
- You get a MacBook Pro & $1,000 to build out your home office. ($200 annually thereafter)
- Udemy license for continuing education
- $2,000 annual stipend for education & conferences (after 1 yr of employment)
- $125 monthly that you can spend in health & wellness, phone or internet bills, or co-working space.
- 4-day paid trip to the US for the annual global company retreat.
- 3-day paid trip to somewhere in Latam every year for the Latam company retreat.