Client Success Executive (Sales leader) - US
United States /
Client Solutions – Sales /
Full Time- Remote
Please read the IMPORTANT section at the end of this posting.
Very is a fully distributed IoT technology firm led by expert problem-solvers to create efficient, scalable solutions that move commercial, industrial, and consumer IoT projects from pilot to production in record time.
We’ve built a collaborative, tight-knit team that thrives, whether we’re hanging out in person at our annual retreat or coordinating work across time zones. The results show that we’re doing something right — as we’ve won numerous workplace awards over the years. Most recently in 2021 we were certified as a Great Place to Work, and in 2022 we were listed again in Parity.org’s list of Best Companies for Women to Advance.
We believe that everything we build — and the people we build it with — has the potential to change the world. Our client list includes numerous well-known brands determined to leverage the power of IoT to drive material outcomes — such as Vizio, Peloton, Clear, iHeart Radio and Fellowes. Our goal, for each and every client we partner with, is to create high-value solutions through a collaborative and user-centered process.
About This Role
As a Client Success Executive Leader, you and your team are responsible for ensuring that clients achieve their business goals and vision through our IoT product development services. You will lead the qualification and close of new client acquisitions that you and your team will retain and grow. You will work with our Client Solutions team in partnership with our four engineering practice areas to create custom solutions that win for our clients and us.
If you’re a strategic thinker with operational excellence who wants to join a growing, profitable tech company in a role that:
- Closes growth potential profitable deals (>$1mm)
- Works with clients at large, recognizable companies
- Designs strategic & custom deals that lead to successful client outcomes
- Utilizes strong financial acumen to measure and deliver optimized results
- Leads a lean team responsible for the successful retention and growth of the portfolio of business you lead
- Requires a strategic oversight of growth outcomes and high-impact client satisfaction, as made, evidenced by renewing and growing their partnership with Very
What You’ll Be Working On
Very is first and foremost an IoT Product Design and Development firm. We tackle hard problems for clients who need a targeted, senior team to come in and provide specific solutions. We address the IoT space through our four practice areas: Hardware, Software, UI/UX, and Data Science. Our projects in this domain have ranged from data acquisition and alerting for industrial power systems to automated self-pour beer taps. Therefore, an acute and adaptive ability to understand the client's needs and tie that back to Very’s capabilities is required.
- Aligning to client’s needs and applying strategic thinking with a consultative sales approach through the qualification process to win deals that have long-term growth potential
- Managing a multi-step sales process for certain clients that begins with a discovery phase or “Technical Design - Sprints” and is followed by development or a “Build” contract close
- In partnership with Client Solutions, synergizing clients expressed needs with Delivery Team & Product Managers at Very
- In partnership with Leadership, negotiate and align on all commercial terms of deals
- Managing and coaching a client success team that will seek new opportunities within the client’s business that you - close across the broader organization, parent company, or subsidiaries
- Aligning your team’s quarterly targets and KPIs (key performance indicators) to meet or exceed our business goals with attention to profitable growth
- Obsessed with client satisfaction. Develop and implement client success strategies to ensure that clients are receiving the best possible experience.
- Securing referrals from client stakeholders, CTOs or executives
- Consistently delivering in partnership with your team revenue booking targets annually
- You’ll be expected to be on the road meeting with clients. This will adjust to the number of clients you have in your pipeline but expect a couple of client visits per month within North America to support a successful outcome.
- 10+ years’ experience managing commercial teams through all lifecycles of a project and/or product development including experience leading a portfolio of enterprise accounts
- Understanding of the IoT space and ability to brainstorm, strategize, and design high-level solutions tofor complex client problems
- A substantial track record of meeting and exceeding tens of millions of dollars revenue annually with your sales targets including new client acquisition, retention, and growth
- Excellent negotiation skills and contract management depth of experience
- Strong conflict management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- A keen focus on client satisfaction and client service
- Constant and consistent learner mentality that you bring to work every day
- Leadership experience managing the performance of individual sales executives, client success managers, account managers, or similar direct reports that deliver the commercial KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Exemplary presentation skills, both in-person and digitally that are articulate and informed
- Experience with a CRM (customer relationship management) platform to govern and track the business
- History of learning complex technical systems quickly
Your lead flow will come from multiple sources. Our marketing team is outstanding at their jobs and high-quality inbound leads will be generated through their demand generation. We have a BDR (Business Development Representative) that generates outbound leads. Client and employee referrals are other sources of high-quality leads. Finally, you and your team will be responsible for generating your own outbound leads that align with our lead qualification attributes. Your job will be to take those leads, build a relationship with multiple points of contact, and build a custom deal for each unique project.
OTE: $280,000 (50/50 split)
We also offer world-class perks:
- Fantastic healthcare coverage ($0 out of pocket for most employee premiums)
- 50% 401K match (Very contributes $1 for every $2 you contribute to your 401k as of 1/1/22)
- $250/mo Monthly Communications Stipend (Can be used towards Cell Phone Data Plan, WiFi Plan, VOIP, VPN)
- $600/yearly Home Office Stipend - We can provide help to build your home office/workstation. (Limitations apply).
- $2,500 yearly stipend for continuing education upon one year of employment.
- Insurance (Dental, Vision and Life)
- Paid Parental Leave (95th percentile for the U.S.)
- Generous PTO / Sick Time
- MacBook Pro (Loaned)
Why Work for Very
You are more than your job title. At Very, we prioritize talent development and professional growth with a human-first approach that caters to the unique goals each individual brings to the team.
Our core value, Invest in Our People, looks like collaborating with a cohort of talented people on a mission to get better every single day. It feels like working for a company that invests in you. And it means finding alignment with your career goals to get you where you want to be.
How do we bring our priorities to life? Of course we offer the typical world-class perks you would expect. Additionally, as a remote-first company (since 2011), we provide stipends for home office, telephone, and internet. Professional development funds and generous parental leave are also some of the benefits you can expect.
But a healthy company culture isn't just about perks. It's about creating an environment where our employees can thrive. Our work is fueled by smart, creative people whose lives are enriched by our experiences together. We learn together, we grow together, and we play together. Despite working across more than half a dozen countries, our teams connect regularly for work and for fun - on Slack, Zoom, and during an annual retreat. We’ve been remote-first from the beginning, so we know well what it takes to maintain a strong culture. #LI-Remote
1. We don't currently provide H1B Visa Sponsorship. Don't apply if you require this.
2. This job is remote but if you’re not located in the region or country mentioned in the post’s title, do not continue. Your application won’t be reviewed.
3. Delivery team members may be required to travel up to 10% of the time. As a client services organization, this is expected.
Interviewing for a new company is a serious time commitment for all parties involved. Please take the time to read this and thoughtfully consider if we would be a good fit for one another. No contractors or agencies. Seriously. #LI-Remote