People Ops Generalist
San Francisco, CA /
Full Time, Remote
What we're doing:
Owning a home is a foundational part of building financial security and wealth in America. However, the tools and technology that support homeownership are antiquated, dependent on things like fax machines, handwritten documentation, and hours of manual review.
We're here to change it.
Vesta is on a mission to build the next generation of banking infrastructure, starting with the mortgage LOS (the backbone powering the mortgage origination process).
Who we are:
Our founding team is no stranger to the complexities of the financial industry. As early employees at Blend, they spent years together focused on creating modern cloud infrastructure for banks. Now, with Vesta, they are transforming the mortgage industry by creating the most flexible, open and automated origination experience, benefitting financial institutions and their customers.
And, we're not alone.
We've received $5M in seed financing from top tier investors, including Conversion Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and Index Ventures.
Our team is small, but mighty. We are a collection of humans who value humility, empathy, self-awareness, and an orientation towards action. If this sounds like you and you're excited by the idea of getting in at the ground level to be part of building the infrastructure that will power the future of the financial industry, we would love to hear from you!
Who you are:
You're looking to join an early-stage team to build something BIG, something industry-changing and deeply believe that a strong culture drives a company’s success. You thrive in ambiguity and enjoy creating structure and processes from the ground up, especially when those systems enable a team to do their best work.
You have an insatiable curiosity paired with a keen eye for execution. You leverage data to understand what is working well and where there are improvements to be made. You can easily flex between key strategic initiatives and executing on smaller tasks that keep a business running. You take an ownership mentality to any task you are given and are constantly looking for ways to improve the employee experience.
You want to build and be part of a team that is audacious in their goals, deeply caring about one another, high in humility, and creative problem solvers.
Bonus points if you have previously owned and administered key People systems and processes at a startup as it scaled past >50 employees.
About the role:
As an early member of the People Team at Vesta you will get to be a key contributor across all of our People processes, systems and rituals. You will be instrumental in helping build and launch a number of strategic projects we have planned for 2022, as well as keeping the trains running on time. Some of the things you will own and collaborate on are:
- Implement and administer key people systems and processes including payroll, immigration, benefits, feedback cycles, and engagement surveys.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement new hire onboarding process, including new hire set up, orientation, and check ins.
- Act as a primary point of contact to the team for any employee questions, concerns or guidance on anything related to People or HR.
- Take an active role in planning and executing on team functions and offsites, as well as introducing new ways to help the team stay connected in a virtual setting.
- Assist in drafting new policies and ensuring that they are communicated out to the larger team in a timely manner.
- Help Vesta maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Work with the People team on strategic projects that stretch across the employee lifecycle in thinking about how we attract, hire, retain and develop exceptional talent and build a culture that supports them in doing their best work.
Perks + benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- Robust medical, vision and dental coverage (~100% of employee premiums are covered)
- Remote-first culture with hubs in New York and San Francisco
- Physical and mental wellness benefits
- Flexible time off (that we expect you to use!)
- Co-working passes and/or wfh stipend
- Dining dollars
- 401(K) offering
- Meaningful parental leave - 16 weeks off for birthing and non-birthing parents, applying to adoptions as well.
- Company outings and offsites
At Vesta, we believe that the only way we can tackle the challenging problems in front of us is by having diverse perspectives and an environment that promotes inclusivity. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.