Full Time, Remote
What we're doing
Owning a home is a foundational part of building financial security and wealth in America. However, the tools and technology that support homeownership are antiquated, dependent on things like fax machines, handwritten documentation, and hours of manual review.
We're here to change it.
Vesta is the next-generation system of record to power the multi-trillion mortgage market. We believe that we are overdue for a core transformation – that in order to build a fully automated process and fully digital customer journeys, lenders will have to adopt a system of record platform that is modern, open, and orchestrated by best-in-class software workflows.
Who we are
Our founding team is no stranger to the complexities of the financial industry. As early employees at Blend, they spent years together focused on creating modern cloud infrastructure for banks. Now, with Vesta, they are transforming the mortgage industry by creating the most flexible, open, and automated origination experience, benefitting financial institutions and their customers.
And, we're not alone.
We've raised $45M from top tier investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Bain Capital Ventures, Conversion Capital, Zigg Capital, and Index Ventures.
We believe that our team is our greatest competitive advantage and take pride in having a team of exceptional humans. As a team, we value humility, empathy, self-awareness, and an orientation towards action. If this sounds like you and you're excited by the idea of getting in at the ground level to be part of building the infrastructure that will power the future of the finance industry, we would love to hear from you!
Who you are
You're looking to join an early-stage team to build something BIG, something industry changing. Designing elegant solutions to complex problems excites you and you thrive in an environment filled with ambiguity. You view yourself as a craftsperson and you take as much pride in the work itself as its impact on the business.
You're a company builder and team player - you're excited to shape and grow the product alongside the culture and operating rhythm of the design team and larger company. As a company that places a strong emphasis on design (one of our first hires was the prior head of product design at Blend) you will play a critical role in shaping the future of our business.
You ship beautiful and intuitive products, and you always sweat the details. You have a high bar for the quality of what you ship, maybe even to the point that you have been called "uncompromising" in the past. Understanding the concepts and the why ignites your curiosity, but what gets you most excited, and where you really shine, is production, details, and execution.
About your role
As one of the first designers at Vesta, you'll work closely with the founders and the team to:
- ship early iterations of the Vesta product and lead feedback sessions with our customers to ensure we are meeting their needs
- lay out the the design systems, mental models, and architecture that will enable us to achieve our product vision over the next five to ten years
- build a world class team and company
In the early days, you personally will own the actual persona workflows (loan officers, processors, underwriters, system administrators), the look and feel of the product, and the customization. Specifically, you will be responsible for two primary objectives:
- laying out the complex information that goes into a loan product (specifically a mortgage) in intuitive, persona-specific interfaces
- building a robust and configurable workflow engine to allow non-technical stakeholders to build and automate process workflow in their loan origination processes
As the product comes together and we continue to iterate as a team, you will also be responsible for ensuring that the look and feel of our product remains cohesive and consistent. Thoughtfulness is particularly critical in this role - it’s important that you are deliberate in how we develop the design language of our product while you are simultaneously using that language to solve tactical problems.
Note: we don't expect you to come in understanding the nuances of the mortgage industry. However, being successful in this role will require a high degree of curiosity and willingness to understand the mortgage ecosystem in service of designing the best customer experience.
Benefits + Perks
- The opportunity to work in fast-paced start-up environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Robust medical, vision, & dental coverage (~100% of employee premiums are covered)
- 401(K) plan offering
- Meaningful parental leave - 16 weeks fully paid for all new parents, birthing & non-birthing parents (applies to adoptions as well!)
- Remote-first culture with hubs in New York & San Francisco
- Generous WFH & Wellness Benefits
- Open & encouraged flexible time off
- Company offsites to get to know the team!
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $155,000 - $200,000/yr. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
At Vesta, we believe that the only way we can tackle the challenging problems in front of us is by having diverse perspectives and an environment that promotes inclusivity. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.