What we're doing:
Owning a home is a foundational part of building financial security and wealth in America. However, the tools and technology that support homeownership are antiquated – they're dependent on outdated systems and processes, and require hours of manual review.
We're here to change that.
Vesta is the next-generation system of record powering the massive US mortgage market. We believe that the way mortgages are originated is overdue for transformation – that in order to build fully automated processes and fully digital customer journeys, lenders need a system of record that is modern, open, and orchestrated by best-in-class software workflows.
Who we are:
Our founding team is no stranger to the complexities of the financial industry. As early employees at Blend, they spent years together focused on creating modern cloud infrastructure for banks to power their consumer experiences. Now, with Vesta, they are transforming the mortgage industry by creating the most flexible, open, and automated origination experience, benefitting financial institutions and their customers.
And, we're not alone.
We've received $45M in early stage financing from top tier investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Conversion Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and Index Ventures.
Our team is small, but mighty. We value craftsmanship, boldness, self-awareness, lightheartedness, and a team-first mentality. If this sounds like you and you're excited by the idea of getting in at the ground level and building the infrastructure that will power the future of the financial industry, we would love to hear from you!
Who you are:
You are driven by insatiable curiosity and are dedicated to executing at an exceptionally high level. You embrace ambiguity as an opportunity to create new processes from the ground up and thrive in such an environment.
You are capable of helping maintain processes that have already been built 0 →1, but are more eager to help implement new ones. You have experience owning projects from ideation through launch and pride yourself on your project management skills and meeting tight deadlines.
You take an ownership mentality to any task you are given and are constantly looking for ways to make processes more efficient. You have a low ego and don’t see anything as beneath you. You strive to always think three steps ahead so that the fire is put out before it even begins.
You haven’t found your niche yet and want to continue to explore the ins and outs of different functions and believe the best way to do that is through hands-on experience. You may even believe you would get bored if limited to just one area, so getting to work across several functions is exactly what you are looking for in your next move. Eventually, you may want to lead one of these functions, and you understand getting this experience will only make you more effective once you decide to specialize.
You want to build and be part of a team that is audacious in their goals, deeply caring about one another, high in humility, and creative problem solvers.
About the role:
As the Operations Generalist at Vesta, you'll be responsible for:
- Being the go-to person for Vesta’s daily operations, across finance, legal, and partnerships. You will become an expert on how we keep the trains running while driving improvements in our systems and processes across these functional areas.
- Working on strategic cross-functional projects ranging from how to better manage state-level taxes, to assisting on implementing a new policy for vendor management, to working with our partners on a new integration, or owning a due diligence process with a customer.
- Eventually taking greater ownership of a functional area (such as finance or partnerships) in addition to helping out on the more generalized needs of the business.
- On occasion, you may help with small projects to support our GTM motion, including leading efforts related to industry shows and associated events.
Perks + Benefits
- The opportunity to work in fast-paced start-up environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Robust medical, vision, & dental coverage (~100% of employee premiums are covered)
- 401(K) plan offering
- Meaningful parental leave - 16 weeks fully paid for all new parents, birthing & non-birthing parents (applies to adoptions as well!)
- Remote-first culture with a hub in San Francisco
- Generous WFH & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly Doordash benefits
- Open & encouraged flexible time off
- Company offsites to get to know the team!
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $85,000 - $125,000/yr. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
At Vesta, we believe that the only way we can tackle the challenging problems in front of us is by having diverse perspectives and an environment that promotes inclusivity. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.