Chief of Staff
What we're doing:
Owning a home is a foundational part of building financial security and wealth in America. However, the tools and technology that support homeownership are antiquated – they're dependent on outdated systems and processes, and require hours of manual review.
We're here to change that.
Vesta is the next-generation system of record powering the massive US mortgage market. We believe that the way mortgages are originated is overdue for transformation – that in order to build fully automated processes and fully digital customer journeys, lenders need a system of record that is modern, open, and orchestrated by best-in-class software workflows.
Who we are:
Our founding team is no stranger to the complexities of the financial industry. As early employees at Blend, they spent years together focused on creating modern cloud infrastructure for banks to power their consumer experiences. Now, with Vesta, they are transforming the mortgage industry by creating the most flexible, open, and automated origination experience, benefitting financial institutions and their customers.
And, we're not alone.
We've received $45M in early stage financing from top tier investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Conversion Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and Index Ventures.
Our team is small, but mighty. We value craftsmanship, boldness, self-awareness, lightheartedness, and a team-first mentality. If this sounds like you and you're excited by the idea of getting in at the ground level and building the infrastructure that will power the future of the financial industry, we would love to hear from you!
Who you are:
You come from the mortgage industry, and have often been described by your peers as “innovative” and “brilliant.” You're looking to join an early-stage team to build something industry-changing. You thrive in ambiguity, work hard, and love people and relationships.
You understand mortgage lenders, business, and technology, and want to combine those three things to help solve some of the hardest problems for lenders.
You take an ownership mentality to any task you are given and are constantly looking for ways to drive results independently. You take pride in the dirty work, the nitty gritty, and raw execution, because you know the details are where all of the value in the space is created. You want to do, not just think and theorize.
You are deeply curious and love to absorb large amounts of information, and once you understand things, can synthesize them succinctly to communicate effectively with a team.
You want to build and be part of a team that is audacious in their goals, deeply caring about one another, high in humility, and creative problem solvers.
Bonus points if you have a strong and senior industry network and/or reputation!
About the role:
As the Chief of Staff at Vesta, you'll be responsible for:
- building Vesta’s industry rolodex — finding highly connected people in the industry, building relationships with them, and leveraging those relationships to expand your network and build organic awareness of Vesta
- pairing this organic word of mouth with an extensive marketing strategy that spans conferences, partnership co-marketing, earned and paid press coverage, and advertising in order to drive brand awareness of Vesta
- contributing to our go to market strategy, helping to brainstorm additional ways to build relationships, gain industry awareness, and get deals closed
- traveling a lot - mortgage is a very in person industry. you'll be attending conferences, hosting local dinners, and more to build the network and community
- helping to align the company around industry needs by conveying the key context and priorities out of prospect calls to the product development team and broader organization
This role will work extremely closely with our CEO, and is a great way to learn the ins and outs of building a software company. Distribution is the key driver for software companies, and you will be an integral part of figuring out and scaling the motion that works for Vesta.
Perks + Benefits
- The opportunity to work in fast-paced start-up environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Robust medical, vision, & dental coverage (~100% of employee premiums are covered)
- 401(K) plan offering
- Meaningful parental leave - 16 weeks fully paid for all new parents, birthing & non-birthing parents (applies to adoptions as well!)
- Remote-first culture with a hub in San Francisco
- Generous WFH & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly Doordash benefits
- Open & encouraged flexible time off
- Company offsites to get to know the team!
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $175,000 - $225,000/yr. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
At Vesta, we believe that the only way we can tackle the challenging problems in front of us is by having diverse perspectives and an environment that promotes inclusivity. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.