New York, NY /
Join our growing team at Vetcove in New York City, and help us transform how veterinarians buy the supplies they need to keep America's pets healthy. Vetcove's eCommerce and mobile platforms enable veterinary practices to compare and buy from all of their vendors in one place. Our community of more than 10,000 veterinary hospitals employs tens of thousands of veterinarians, and delivers care to many millions of animals every year across all 50 states.We’re a growing team on a mission to modernize the $50B+ animal health industry. Simply put, Vetcove helps veterinary organizations spend more time giving care, and less time shopping and comparing across vendors to supply their practices. We're completely revolutionizing the way veterinarians discover and buy products, and how animal health brands engage their veterinary customers. Vetcove is a Y Combinator and venture-backed growth stage company with notable investors in Silicon Valley and NYC. We're looking for exceptionally talented and passionate people to join our growing team.
About the Position
The Software Engineer Role is a key member of our engineering team who is responsible for supporting projects from conception to completion. This level of involvement includes plan formulation, creation, maintenance and upgrade implementations across most of the technology stack. As a contributor to the core features of the Vetcove platform, you will be an integral part of ensuring we are creating intuitive and innovative products that our users need for success in their day to day.
About our team
We believe every engineer at Vetcove should have a holistic view of Vetcove and work on many areas of our technology stack. We encourage you to apply to help us grow a system that facilitates billions of dollars in orders each year.
We move lightning-fast in an industry that was previously slow to adopt technology. As Vetcove quickly expands its offerings to better serve veterinary groups and its supply chain partners, we’re quickly growing our engineering team to keep pace with the rapid expansion of our business, while maintaining exceptional code quality and system integrity.
You’ll have an opportunity to work closely with end users, handle large scale infrastructure challenges, and everything in between.
Some projects we've worked on recently
- A real time analytics platform to display billions of dollars in purchase history
- A dynamic advertising platform that gives away millions of dollars in cash back rewards to clinics
- A mobile shopping experience that lets clinic shop using their phone’s camera
- Laid the foundation for a new, modern architecture to support seamless interactivity between several major features
What you'll do
- Contribute to the conceptualization and feature documentation of new ideas and product enhancements
- Build and extend interactive React applications that will be used by tens of thousands of veterinary purchasers, corporate hospital groups owners, and animal health manufacturers
- Add good test coverage
- Building reusable components for use by the larger team
- Implement new features into our React Native applications
- Work directly with our CTO and engineering team, as well as across other functions to continuously evolve our platform and products
You should have
- 2 years of professional software engineering experience, (preferably building web applications)
- High proficiency over at least one industry-common language and be conversant (and interested to improve!) in others
- Experience in building a professionally successful production application in a modern web framework
- Ability to design new features around data models with accuracy, security, and performance in mind
- Experience working with a database and analyzing queries for improved optimizations
- Good software testing habitsExcellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and manage many concurrent responsibilities
- A strong desire to help our customers succeed
- A positive attitude and one-for-all team mentality
- Experience working with a backend language, an ORM, and writing API endpoints
- Startup work experience is a plus
Tools we use
- Backend: Python (Django, Django Rest Framework)
- Datastores: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Mobile: React Native
- Version Control: Git