New York, New York /
Finance & Accounting – Finance /
Hired is a marketplace that matches top tech talent with the world’s most innovative companies. In November 2020, Hired was acquired by Vettery, creating the largest AI-driven marketplace for high-intent technology and sales talent. Combined, Hired and Vettery have helped over 17,000 companies build top technology teams by connecting over 3 million diverse, vetted candidates to job opportunities. Through Hired and Vettery, candidates and companies have transparency into salary offers, competing opportunities, and job details. This level of insight is unmatched, making the recruiting process quicker and more efficient than ever before.
As the Controller, you will help manage and support our Accounting team. The ideal candidate will be a natural numbers wizard who can effectively leverage software tools such as Excel to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of their processes. You are an analytical thinker with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and be a part of Hired’s multifaceted business.
Key responsibilities and expectations:
- Lead and own the month-end close process and other assigned department related tasks, as necessary
- Ensure data integrity for assigned accounts including understanding of required upstream internal controls over financial reporting
- Analyze financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partnersInvestigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues, effectively and in a timely manner
- Lead process for calculation, presentation and communication of company-wide KPI’s
- Lead development of internal controlsLead external audit requests
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, Treasury, IT, and Marketing
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement and automation
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analysis, as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 8+ years of relevant Accounting experience; Big Four experience highly preferred
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system
- Experience in technology (SaaS), and/or e-commerce (plus for subscription business) preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various level in a clear and concise manner
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets)
With the above said, we understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job and believe that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. Even more important than your resume is a positive attitude, passion for the work, personal drive for growth, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't align perfectly to what is listed here.
Hired has five key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
Positivity - We’re positive when things get difficult so we can stay motivated and lift each other up. We’re very team focused in everything we do so contagious positive energy is extremely impactful.
Ownership - We take pride in our work and take on a lot of responsibility from day one. All of us have the ability to see how our work and performance impact the success of the business.
Grit - We love getting in the trenches and building from the ground up. Even though we’ve significantly grown since our tiny startup days, we still have that scrappy mentality and love that there’s still a lot to accomplish.
Awareness - We’re focused, strategic, and constantly learning from our experiences. Each of us knows what’s expected of us as a corporate citizen and within our teams.
Collaboration - We learn from one another and are constantly working with each other, within and across teams. Every team has an impact on others and we take pride in clear lines of communication.
Why you’ll love working at Hired:
We love coming to work on Monday. It’s easy to love the work you do when you see the positive impact it has, and helping someone find their dream job can change their life forever. We believe in our mission, love the work, and have fun doing it together. Plus, coming to work in our sunny Flatiron office is easy when there are so many things to look forward to: Flag Football games, Thursday Game Night, Cross-Team lunches, company happy hours, volunteer events, adorable pups, ping-pong, and your favorite snacks.
We know life is about more than just work. We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate, contribute to the cost of insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and offer a fully paid 12-week parental leave, 401k, commuter benefits, and gym membership discounts.
We invest in your development. A company is only as strong as its team, and we want to help strengthen every member of our team. We give everyone the opportunities and support they need to reach that next professional level through company-sponsored General Assembly classes and conferences, in-house training, a culture of continuous feedback, and the chance to run with projects.
We’re consistently recognized for our culture. We’re listed #5 on Fortune's 60 Best Companies to Work for in New York City, included in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Technology for 2020, and have been previously honored at Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards and included in Inc Best Workplaces.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Vettery values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.