Senior Internal Recruiter
New York, New York /
People Strategy – Recruiting /
Hired is a marketplace that matches top tech talent with the world’s most innovative companies. In November 2020, Hired was acquired by Vettery, creating the largest AI-driven marketplace for high-intent technology and sales talent. Combined, Hired and Vettery have helped over 17,000 companies build top technology teams by connecting over 3 million diverse, vetted candidates to job opportunities. Through Hired and Vettery, candidates and companies have transparency into salary offers, competing opportunities, and job details. This level of insight is unmatched, making the recruiting process quicker and more efficient than ever before.
As a Senior Internal Recruiter at Hired, you will be responsible for Hired’s most important asset -- our people. We’re looking for a Senior Recruiter who will help us scale our teams while holding themselves accountable to the highest standard of best recruiting practices. You will own the entire recruitment lifecycle from sourcing to closing candidates for various open roles and will partner with internal stakeholders to achieve our hiring goals. You will promote diverse and inclusive hiring processes at Hired, including delivering diverse candidate slates, designing inclusive materials and providing training for interviewing teams. You will become a partner to hiring managers, providing coaching and guidance on interview and hiring best practices. Beyond your job duties as a recruiter, you will also collaborate with the entire People Team to build and embody the culture of our newly combined organization.
Key responsibilities and expectations:
- Actively source, recruit, and hire top talent for teams across the organization including Sales, Engineering, Product and Marketing
- Manage the entire hiring process from initial phone screen to offer acceptance
- Effectively partner with internal stakeholders and managers to create a customized and top of the line hiring process and candidate experience
- Assess qualified candidates through various portals including job postings, referrals, networking, and web sourcing
- Think outside the box! We encourage recruiters to come up with their own creative solutions to attracting top talent
- Act as an advocate and resource to internal candidates by filtering, screening, and actively engaging talent within the company
- Provide a positive experience for all candidates from phone screen to offer accept
- Be an ambassador of the Hired brand, assisting with any recruiting events, projects, or recruitment related processes
- Most importantly: a positive attitude - we are looking for people who truly care about helping others!
- 4+ years of experience in technical and corporate recruiting, preferably at a high volume startup or agency
- Ability to balance multiple job searches and business demands at one time
- Ability to develop consistent, high quality pipelines of candidates via creative sourcing strategies across a variety of channels, including leveraging new and existing technologies, with an emphasis on direct sourcing of passive talent
- Track record of successfully executing complex, senior-level searches from kickoff to close
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with a growth mindset and desire to work in a fast-paced, highly-demanding, ever-changing environment
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds, and all experiences, to apply. More than anyone else, we understand that job requisitions don't always allow your unique work history to shine, and we invite you to show us what you know!
With the above said, we understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job and believe that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. Even more important than your resume is a positive attitude, passion for the work, personal drive for growth, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't align perfectly to what is listed here.
Hired has five key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
Positivity - We’re positive when things get difficult so we can stay motivated and lift each other up. We’re very team focused in everything we do so contagious positive energy is extremely impactful.
Ownership - We take pride in our work and take on a lot of responsibility from day one. All of us have the ability to see how our work and performance impact the success of the business.
Grit - We love getting in the trenches and building from the ground up. Even though we’ve significantly grown since our tiny startup days, we still have that scrappy mentality and love that there’s still a lot to accomplish.
Awareness - We’re focused, strategic, and constantly learning from our experiences. Each of us knows what’s expected of us as a corporate citizen and within our teams.
Collaboration - We learn from one another and are constantly working with each other, within and across teams. Every team has an impact on others and we take pride in clear lines of communication.
Why you’ll love working at Hired:
We love coming to work on Monday. It’s easy to love the work you do when you see the positive impact it has, and helping someone find their dream job can change their life forever. We believe in our mission, love the work, and have fun doing it together. Plus, coming to work in our sunny Flatiron office is easy when there are so many things to look forward to: Flag Football games, Thursday Game Night, Cross-Team lunches, company happy hours, volunteer events, adorable pups, ping-pong, and your favorite snacks.
We know life is about more than just work. We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate, contribute to the cost of insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and offer a fully paid 12-week parental leave, 401k, commuter benefits, and gym membership discounts.
We invest in your development. A company is only as strong as its team, and we want to help strengthen every member of our team. We give everyone the opportunities and support they need to reach that next professional level through company-sponsored General Assembly classes and conferences, in-house training, a culture of continuous feedback, and the chance to run with projects.
We’re consistently recognized for our culture. We’re listed #5 on Fortune's 60 Best Companies to Work for in New York City, included in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Technology for 2020, and have been previously honored at Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards and included in Inc Best Workplaces.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Vettery values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.