Computational Cancer Biologist
San Francisco, CA /
Computational Biology /
About Vevo Therapeutics
Vevo Therapeutics is a biotechnology company using its in vivo drug discovery platform and next generation AI models to uncover better drugs for more patients. The company’s Mosaic platform is the first to make in vivo data generation scalable, with single-cell precision, to capture in vivo context of disease at the first step of drug discovery and to better represent patient diversity in drug response over current in vitro assays. Vevo is using Mosaic to build the world’s largest in vivo atlas of how drugs interact with patient cells and training AI models on its data to find novel targets and drugs undetectable by other technologies.
This role will lead the interpretation of results generated by the platform and help generate research hypotheses for downstream validation. This role will involve close collaboration with other members of the computational team who specialize in bioinformatics, cheminformatics, and machine learning, as well as members of the experimental team who operate the platform and work on our preclinical programs.
Qualifications - Required
- PhD, or MS + 3 years experience, in systems biology, genomics, cancer biology, or related discipline
- Experience with single-cell RNA-seq data analysis and interpretation
- Familiarity with common bioinformatics, biostatistics and data analysis practices and tools
- Solid knowledge of cancer biology
- Comfortable with Python/R
Qualifications - Desirable
- Experience with drug screening data
- Familiarity with pathway / network analysis and Cytoscape
- Analyze large-scale data to formulate hypotheses about drug response and resistance mechanisms
- Review drug sensitivity results in the context of genetic profile, transcriptional profile, and drug mechanism of action
- Assist in designing and analyzing large-scale perturbation assays to formulate drug target hypotheses
- Collaborate closely with other computational and experimental scientists at Vevo
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO).
- US Employees - HMO Kaiser Platinum and PPO Anthem Gold medical as well as vision and dental plans for both the employee and dependents.
- Canadian Employees - Manulife Silver plan
- Hybrid remote / onsite workplace
Please note, this job is remote and although preferred locations are in San Francisco, CA and Toronto, ON we welcome applications from candidates located elsewhere and are able to make fully remote arrangements.