New York, NY /
Sales – East Coast Sales /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 26B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is available on YouTube, Samsung, Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, PlutoTV, Apple TV, Roku, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, Sky (NowTV and SkyQ), Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra and Vewd.
The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships, driving revenue and closing business. This seller is the day-to-day point of contact for agencies and clients and is responsible for selling Vevo’s value proposition effectively in the media marketplace, with special attention to Entertainment, Tech, CPG and QSR clients.
If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people”, then you believe in the power of music. Bring Vevo your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Drive revenue, close business, and build relationships
- Consult with clients on their advertising needs, and present innovative video solutions to meet their objectives
- Negotiate deal costs and terms to close client programs that results in a win for everybody
- Forecast/track/report sales performance, including budget, dates, and probability to close
- Travel throughout a territory (once/twice monthly)
- Collaborate with Vevo teams (Client Services, Marketing, Programming) to lead proper execution of campaigns and insure alignment with customers
- Provide actionable insights and solutions to clients based on their objectives and Vevo’s opportunities
This describes you:
- You have established relationships with New York-based agencies and client-side teams
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and work autonomously in a dynamic start-up team environment with a positive demeanor
- Problem-solving skills, specifically the ability to assess situations, evaluate options, make decisions, draw conclusions, and exercise judgment
- Ability to analyze clients’ business marketing objectives, brand or ROI goals, media buying cycles, metrics for success, etc.
- Proven capacity to utilize analytics to drive campaign optimization
- 1-3 years of digital or TV sales. Experience in online video and mobile required
- Strong negotiation & presentation skills
- Basic understanding of viewability and data tags
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Knowledge of SalesForce and Operative preferred
- Expert familiarity with online media planning, research and trafficking tools; proficiency with @Plan, comScore, DAR, Atlas, Free Wheel
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team
- We really enjoy music and technology
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances
- We offer a 401k match
The pay range for this position is: $80k - $100k per year. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
This is a full-time position based on-site/in the office (unless otherwise noted in the job posting that this role is fully remote). Vevo will operate in a hybrid work model and will require employees to be in office 2-3 days a week, on average. To qualify for the role you will need to be currently located near the office that you will be based out of, as well as provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to employment.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.