Portland, OR /
Product & Engineering – Product /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 26B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is available on YouTube, Samsung, Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, PlutoTV, Apple TV, Roku, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, Sky (NowTV and SkyQ), Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra and Vewd.
As a product manager, you will drive outcomes that contribute to Vevo’s largest initiatives, pulling together geographically distributed cross-functional teams to execute at both the strategic and tactical levels. You will obsess to understand areas of opportunity and pain points within the end to end publishing and promotional processes. Plus, your leadership and influence will push Vevo to continuously improve processes and user satisfaction through data-driven decision making.
This is a full-time position based in either Portland or Los Angeles, although currently all staff are working remotely.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Lead the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery via collaboration with other teams across the company: Content and Programming, Business Development, and Data Science
- Discover the needs of internal users and external partners using Vevo’s content management platform integrating with YouTube Obsess over the opportunities and problem spaces through interviewing, whiteboarding, and asking “why”
- Drive project management activities: product planning, roadmapping, and release planning
- Act as a Product Owner developing, maintaining, and refining a backlog in a tool like Asana
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and end users
- Define, analyze, and report on key measures informing the success of product iterations
This describes you:
- You are a highly motivated, self-driven individual
- You are curious to a fault, always looking beyond wants and desires, finding only value add opportunities
- You can grok and explain technology and business concepts between technical and non-technical audiences
- You can confidently lead a group in whiteboarding, concepting and prioritization exercises
- You can drive cross-functional business and technical teams to deliver products and services
- You are data driven, using empirical evidence to drive hypotheses and justify decisions
- You can articulate development status and challenges to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are opinionated, yet humble, when collaborating with team members
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We are a tight community of fun, upbeat people with a real passion for music and technology
- We help you remain up to date with new technology through our skill-based guilds, book clubs, code and tells, and other opportunities like professional training and conferences
- Premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- Fully stocked kitchen when our offices are re-opened
- Excellent benefits package including a 401K match
- Competitive compensation packages
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.