Tech Lead, Client Team
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 350,000 music videos in its catalogue.
We’re seeking a full-time Tech Lead for our Client Team in our downtown Portland office to join our tight-knit and talented engineering team that is building the next generation music video publishing platform and applications.
As a tech lead on the Client team, you will lead and mentor a small team of front-end engineers building workflow-based applications for internal and external use. You will also be responsible for architecture, task breakdown, and support during business hours, with some limited on-call activities. This individual will also lead with technical and end-user empathy to deliver valuable solutions for a trillion dollar industry.
Vevo’s PDX office is dedicated to the Engineering team, where we’ve established an incredible culture. Every day we gather around our 20 person table for a personalized catered lunch and interpersonal discussions. Drinks, music, and games are a staple of our office happy hours, with a fully stocked break room. Vevo PDX also has a strong community presence by hosting a variety of tech meetups and volunteering for a number of public services.
As a member of our team, you will
- Architect, plan, and develop front-end systems that are: scalable, performant, well tested, and well documented
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers building the next generation of web applications for a diverse set of customers - including record labels, distribution partners, and creative content programmers
- Work closely with product managers, engineers and designers to design and implement new features, encouraging the writing of code that’s easy to read, maintain and test
- Collaborate with leaders from Product, Platform, Data Engineering, Infrastructure and Data Science to strengthen the engineering culture by defining and reinforcing standards, principles, processes, and tooling
This describes you
- Excellent leadership & mentoring abilities
- You understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- At least 3+ years of technical leadership and people management experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or a related field, or relevant experience
- Fluent with modern web technologies and frameworks, such as Node.js, ES2018, Babel, Webpack, React, GraphQL, etc.
- Experience leading an engineering team to build workflow-based applications, increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of business facing end users
- Experience in UI/UX design is strongly preferred, e.g. flow diagrams, wireframes, comps, etc
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, GoCD, CircleCI, Jenkins
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.