Global Payroll Manager
New York, NY /
Finance – Finance /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 25B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
The Global Payroll Manager will partner with both HR and Finance to provide efficient company-wide payroll operations across multiple jurisdictions. They will also act as a liaison between our company and our payroll vendor ADP to ensure quality of service and proactively manage issues and processes.
As a team member you will:
- Ensure proper payment of US employees in a multi-state environment by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers via ADP
- Ensure proper payment of International employees in UK and AUZ
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws, as well as company's payroll and policies and procedures
- Partner with Human Resource and Finance departments to ensure efficient company-wide payroll operations
- Interface with internal and external individuals, departments and agencies to answer questions, resolve issues, provide required reports, obtain and share information related to payroll or payroll procedures
- Review monthly payroll journal entries and account reconciliations, provide research and analysis as necessary
- Maintain and supervise the maintenance of payroll records and databases to ensure efficient responses to all payroll related requests
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for payroll processes
- Ensure data feeds between ADP and vendors are accurate
- 401k reporting and compliance
- Review payroll calculations for non-exempt, exempt staff, bonus and commission payments, sick, vacation, holiday and leave payment calculations;
- Execute various secure data feeds to off-site benefits and third-party administration vendors for 401(k) and benefit providers
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate payroll department within a medium size company with multi-state and preferably global locations
- Bachelor’s degree; major in accounting or business preferred
- ADP workforce experience required, international a plus
- Must have in-depth knowledge of multi-state payrolls as well as knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws, employee benefit plans and payroll taxes
- Must be able to handle all aspects of work with a high degree of autonomy and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Must be able to multi-task multiple projects, work well under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight-knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
The pay range for this position is: $90k - $100k per year. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Transparency Law.
This is a full-time position based on-site/in our New York Headquarters. Vevo currently operates in a hybrid work model and requires all employees, who have not been designated as "remote" to be in the office/studio a minimum of 3 days a week.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.