Front End Software Engineer
Portland, OR /
Product & Engineering – TV Experience /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 26B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is available on YouTube, Samsung, Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, PlutoTV, Apple TV, Roku, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, Sky (NowTV and SkyQ), Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra and Vewd.
As a front end software engineer on the TV Experiences team, you will be responsible for front-end applications that serve content to the public via popular devices such as FireTV (HTML5), Roku, tvOS, etc...
The TV Experiences team also develops and maintains various backend services that support the distribution of our content to various partners. Join a small autonomous team responsible for providing content to millions of users and supporting key distribution partners in a multi-billion dollar industry.
This is a full-time position based in Big Pink (US Bancorp Tower) in downtown Portland, although currently all staff are working remotely. Vevo offices are located in New York, Chicago, LA, London and Portland. In the Portland office you will find a heavy product and engineering presence and culture. Vevo provides catered lunches everyday, arranges weekly game nights, volunteer activities and other events, fostering an environment of professional comradery.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Collaborate with other software engineers, stakeholders, and product managers to build services and applications that are internally and externally facing (partners as well as direct consumer facing)
- Work closely with product managers, designers, software engineers, and infrastructure engineers to design and implement new features
- Provide support for production services including after-hours support on a rotational basis
- Collaborate with leaders across the company to evangelize and strengthen the engineering culture by continuously improving practices, processes, standards, and tooling
This describes you:
- You believe in values like effectiveness over efficiency and quality over quantity
- You desire to continuously improve your team, your product and yourself
- You have pragmatic communication and problem-solving skills
- You are opinionated yet humble
- You are passionate about building polished, consumer-facing, app experiences
- At least 5+ years of software development experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or a related field, or relevant experience
- Experience developing applications for mobile or Connected TV
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as: Webpack, Gradle, GoCD, CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.
- Nice to have: Experience with cloud hosting, Kubernetes clusters with Docker containers in AWS
- Nice to have: Experience with scalable, distributed, containerized back-end services
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.