Product & Engineering – Data
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 400,000 music videos in its catalogue.
As a data engineer at Vevo, you will extend and maintain the data pipelines that feed our ever growing data lake. Join a small autonomous team responsible for this data lake and it’s ingress and egress pipelines. Through this data lake and it’s data pipelines you will be providing immensely important data to internal business analysts, data scientists, Vevo leadership, as well as content partners in a multi-billion dollar industry.
This is a full-time position based in Big Pink (US Bancorp Tower) in downtown Portland. Vevo offices are located in New York, Chicago, LA, London and Portland. In the Portland office you will find a heavy product and engineering presence and culture. Vevo provides catered lunches everyday, arranges monthly game nights, volunteer activities and other events, fostering an environment of professional comradery.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Be responsible for designing, building and supporting components that compose the Vevo data lake and it’s pipelines.
- Help build and extend our data lake by designing and implementing: data pipeline libraries and systems, internal analytics tooling / dashboards, and monitoring and alerting dashboards.
- Provide support for the data pipelines including after-hours support on a rotational basis.
- Work in a collaborative environment with other data engineers, data scientists, and software engineers to achieve important goals for Vevo.
This describes you:
- You believe in values like effectiveness over efficiency and quality over quantity.
- You desire to continuously improve your team, your product and yourself.
- You have pragmatic communication and problem-solving skills.
- You are opinionated yet humble.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience in data engineering.You love different types of data. i.e. content metadata, viewership metrics, etc.
- You love to solve difficult and interesting problems using data from various systems.
- You have experience developing and maintaining software in Python.
- You have experience with data pipelines that process large data sets via streams and/or batches.You have experience in building services, capable of handling large amounts of data.
- You have experience building and maintaining tests (unit, integration, etc.) that provide necessary quality checks. TDD experience a plus.You have experience with modern persistence stores, primarily SQL; however NoSQL experience is a plus.
- You embrace best practices via pair programming, constructive code reviews, and thorough testing.
- You thrive in an environment with rapid iterations on platform features.
- You're a team player and work well in a highly collaborative environment, which includes staff in remote locations.
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
-We are a tight community of fun, upbeat people with a real passion for music and technology.
-We are active in the PDX development community including hosting/attending meetups.
-We help you remain up to date with new technology through our skill based guilds, book clubs, code and tells, and other opportunities like professional training and conferences.
-Premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
-We provide daily catered lunches and an assortment of snacks and beverages.
-Excellent benefits package including a 401K match.
-Competitive compensation packages.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.