VP, Ad Tech
New York City OR Los Angeles
Rev Ops – Ad Operations /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 25B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
We are seeking a VP of Ad Tech to join our team of talented Revenue Operations professionals. This role reports into the EVP of Revenue, Distribution, and Data Operations. This role is responsible for managing the Ad Tech team. You will play a vital role in the Revenue Operations Organization leading our Ad Tech strategy and Ad Technology optimizations. You will be responsible for overseeing the implementations and managing the execution to deliver optimal set up for the Vevo ad Sales business. Additionally, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for and develop innovative solutions to drive Vevo’s Sales KPIs. Your expertise in Ad Technology will be invaluable in shaping our data-driven culture.
As a leader on our team, you will:
- Help Develop, implement, and drive the ad tech strategy for Vevo in partnership with EVP of Revenue Distribution and Data Operations and Sales leadership.
- Manage the ad tech stack for Vevo including but not limited to: CRM, OMS, AdServer, Programmatic Stack, 4th party data providers, etc.
- Manage the Programmatic eco-system helping drive optimal set up and management.
- Oversee the ad tech set up and infrastructure for all distribution endpoints monetized by Vevo.
- Create and manage strong working relationships with Ad Tech vendors to drive optimal integrations of their products.
- Work with various internal teams including Product and Engineering, Revenue Operations, Ad Operations, Sales, Research, and Finance in support of Vevo’s ad tech stack and successful support.
- Create and manage working relationships with Distribution partners operations teams to ensure optimal delivery of our ads across their platforms.
- Responsible for managing and driving product enhancements, bug issues, etc with ad tech vendors.
- Manage and ensure the ad tech team is monitoring all platforms to ensure optimal delivery.
- Manage and ensure the ad tech team is supporting teams on all ad tech related products and issues.
- Continuously review and raise opportunities to improve the ad tech stack.
- Review and advise on the most efficient processes for all aspects of the technical operations department and deliver improvements where inefficiencies exist.
- Regular system reviews with stakeholders and feeding that back to relevant teams to improve workflow - identifying roadmap for improvements.
- Identify areas for improvement in regard to workflow and pushing to make improvements.
This describes you:
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in implementation and management of Ad Technology stack at a media publishing company, focused in the Connected Television and Programmatic Space.
- Proven leadership abilities to guide and manage a team of professionals effectively. Experience in setting strategies, defining objectives, and driving results.
- Ability to develop and execute an Ad Tech strategy aligned with business goals.
- Strong technical background in Ad technologies, knowledge of SQL, industry compliance standards such as GDPR, CCPA.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and senior management.
- Demonstrated passion for staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in Ad technologies, industry trends, and best practices.
- 10+ years of experience in managing ad technology for media companies.
- Extensive experience managing and integrating programmatic platforms.
- Extensive experience with Ad integrations across Digital, FAST Channel, and
- Connect TV app
- Experience integrating, and managing platforms such as Google Ad Manager, Freewheel, Operative or similar platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate across a broad range of technical and non-technical people.
- Knowledge of SQL is a strong plus
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, being comfortable with diving into the data and analyzing trends.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving technical issues directly with Vendors, Internal teams, etc.
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight-knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
The pay range for this position is: $200k – 225k per year. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Transparency Law.
This is a full-time position based on-site/in our New York or Los Angeles office. Vevo currently operates in a hybrid work model and requires all employees, who have not been designated as "remote" to be in the office/studio a minimum of 3 days a week.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local