Account Executive, Advanced TV
Chicago OR New York City /
Sales – Advanced TV /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 26B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is available on YouTube, Samsung, Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, PlutoTV, Apple TV, Roku, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, Sky (NowTV and SkyQ), Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra and Vewd.
Vevo is looking for the next rock star to come in and help us grow our Advanced TV and Programmatic business. Reporting to the Director, Advanced TV Sales, the Account Executive will have the opportunity to build and grow a book of business focused on strategic buyers within the CTV and premium programmatic marketplace. Along with breaking new accounts and maintaining existing revenue, this position will also play a consultative role in helping to further develop and grow our advanced ad sales strategy within their region and nationally.
The Account Executive will have the opportunity to help shape new capabilities, strategies, products and partnerships across the exploding CTV, programmatic, and digital all while working side by side with industry leaders both at Vevo and our partners. You will be challenged to grow and lead us in new and innovative directions, and together we will learn and build a business!
This is a full-time position and is based in New York or Chicago.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Develop, grow, and manage a book of business within your region
- Consult with clients on their CTV and/or programmatic advertising needs, and present innovative video solutions to meet their objectives
- Support the sales team in acquiring new clients and renewals to grow revenue
- Forecast/track/report sales performance, including budget, dates, and probability to close
- Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors (Ex: SSP,DSP,DMP) – and help inform Vevo’s ad tech roadmap
- Educate the Vevo sales and sales support teams on the evolving landscape of CTV, programmatic, and audience
This describes you:
- You have established relationships with buyers across agencies, trading desks, DSPs, and client-side teams
- Passionate about CTV/OTT, programmatic, ad tech, digital advertising, and music
- A good understanding of the programmatic marketplace as well as the CTV/OTT marketplace
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and work autonomously in a dynamic start-up team environment with a positive demeanor
- Ability to analyze clients’ business marketing objectives, brand or ROI goals, media buying cycles, metrics for success, etc.
- Not afraid to lead and push sales teams to understand the what, why and how of what’s possible
- Have superior communication and client service skills, with a drive to close new business and revenue
- Outgoing personality who loves to entertain clients at a variety of events and exclusive concerts
- 7-10 years experience in the media industry, including 2+ years of sales experience
- Strong understanding of advertising technology landscape
- Strong understanding of the CTV/OTT marketplace
- Strong negotiation & presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to pivot based on real-time information and client needs
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and problem solve as well as effectively collaborate with various teams
- Must be nimble, not afraid to work hard and have fun along the way!
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight-knit team
- We really enjoy music and technology
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances
- We offer a 401k match
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.