New York, NY
Content & Programming
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 400,000 music videos in its catalogue.
The Associate Editor will report to Vevo’s Senior Producer of Editorial, and will be part of the broader Content & Production team, a 65-member unit of experienced Creatives on two continents that oversees the curation and daily launch of official music videos and Vevo-produced artist performances, including our popular DSCVR, Ctrl and LIFT franchises. The working environment is social and stimulating, with a culture of shared-ideas marking many key decisions. Daily discourse is always centered on the twists and turns of the music and entertainment industry, and the opinions of all team members are welcome. Our department is made up of industry pros, and there’s lots to be learned by newcomers.
As a member of our team, you will
- Write scripts for weekly Hot This Week video wrap-up
- Create daily “Today on Vevo” newsletter missives that are sent to industry recipients and YouTube descriptions for the wealth of Vevo’s original content performances
- Craft weekly/monthly celebrations of artist, album and video anniversaries, delivered via Social environments of Instagram and Twitter
- Two years of working in editorial at a media / entertainment / music brand
- A broad knowledge of key music genres, including pop, country, alt and Latin
- A deep knowledge of hip-hop is must
- Ability to write engaging descriptions of artists and their work, their position in their genre, and the unique POV that drives their music
- The ability to quickly distill new bio information about artists before writing
- Fluency in basic SEO strategies and the generation of key words and YouTube descriptions
- A working knowledge of music videos going back at least five years, and a deep interest in investigating its 30-year history
- Experience in working across multiple projects simultaneously, often to tight deadlines
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We’re a fun, energetic, and tight-knit team
- We fully live for music and technology
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages
- We regularly offer invites to NYC concerts and artist performances
- We offer at 401K match
- We are in an upscale midtown-Manhattan office with a great view of Times Square
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.