VP, West Coast Sales
Los Angeles, CA
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 400,000 music videos in its catalogue.
Reporting to the SVP, National Sales, we are looking for a Vice President of Sales who will be responsible for managing, improving & growing Vevo’s sales partnerships on the West Coast. This is a high-adrenaline, sales role requiring deep industry expertise, proven sales and management ability with a particular penchant for closing valuable deals, and a broad base of industry contacts. You understand and anticipate how decisions are made, and you will persistently explore and uncover the business needs of our key clients.
Are you up to the challenge? Yes you are. If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people”, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in Los Angeles. We are conveniently located in Playa Vista, close to LAX and the 405 & 10 Freeways.
As a member of our team, you will
- Build, lead, and motivate a strong sales team
- Create, manage, and scale a revenue pipeline with advertisers, agencies, and partners.
- Create, aggressively pitch, close new business and exceed sales targets by using a strong solution-based sales approach.
- Formulate and implement innovative sponsorship packages that maximize revenue opportunities with brands and agencies to rapidly expand the business.
- Drive results in a fast paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong vision.
- Work with the product & marketing team to continue to develop and enhance sales messaging and collateral to highlight Vevo’s unique benefits.
- Communicate vision and strategy effectively with potential and current customers/partners
This describes you
- Highly self-motivated, aggressive, and focused.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels up to and including C-level executives.
- A decisive, inspirational, and experienced leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong understanding of the Internet & broadcast media space, the music industry, search engines, online advertising players and related business models
- Must be local to the LA marketplace
- BA or BS degree as well as outstanding academic performance
- 10+ years in online/interactive media sales management; minimum 5 years management or leadership capacity
- Proven experience building a sales function within small company environments; must be a self-starter.
- Strong contacts with interactive agencies and clients.
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight-knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages.
- We have in-office and external happy hours.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
- We offer a 401k match.
- We have a kitchen fully stocked with snacks and offer catered lunch once a week.
- We are in a spacious converted industrial office with free & secured onsite parking.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.