Manager, Advertising Research
New York, NY
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 350,000 music videos in its catalogue.
Vevo is seeking a driven, thoughtful person to join our research team at our NYC headquarters as a Manager, Advertising Research. Reporting to the Director of Brand Insight & Measurement, you will be working at the cutting edge of digital advertising research techniques, supporting a talented and growing sales organization at the crossroads of music and video entertainment.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in New York. We are in a convenient location in Times Square, accessible from Penn Station, Port Authority & Grand Central, as well as a host of subway options.
As a member of our team, you will
- Be responsible for the entire advertising effectiveness and audience measurement function, overseeing a research budget and effectively allocating resources to derive maximum return on research investment
- Measure advertiser campaign reach, effectiveness and performance, presenting insights and actionable recommendations from your research to clients
- Manage vendor relationships and vetting new methodologies, making recommendations for new investment where appropriate
- Respond to day-to-day requests from the sales team to support responses to RFPs, attending client meetings where necessary
- Create market-ready custom research decks that answer client questions and demonstrate insight and showcase Vevo’s unique value proposition
- Collaborate with numerous other teams, including Revenue and Ad Operations and Sales Solutions, to deliver best project outcomes
This describes you
- Experienced in running brand lift studies from start to finish from the likes of Kantar Millward Brown, Research Now, Nielsen etc. – from questionnaire design and programming, QA, to interpreting results and presenting back to clients
- Curious, analytical thinker with an ability to communicate and distil complex ideas to fundamental concepts
- Confident public speaker with excellent communications skills
- Solid grasp on current themes and trends in the realm of marketing and advertising effectiveness, at all stages of the marketing funnel
- Hands on experience using audience research and planning tools (e.g. comScore VMX, Nielsen Media Impact) in addition to campaign reporting tools (e.g. Nielsen DAR, comScore vCE)
- 3+ years of media experience at a fast-paced web publisher, media agency or TV Network
- Knowledge of the digital and video advertising landscape (i.e. awareness of the major media agencies in America, as well as audience viewing trends across digital video and linear TV)
- Eye for detail, good judgement and strong mathematical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.