Editor (Spanish Speaking)
New York, NY
Content & Programming
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 350,000 music videos in its catalogue.
We are searching for an insanely creative, narrative based and multi camera live performance editor who speaks Spanish and who also has a passion for music and music based content to join our Original Content and Production team.
Reporting to the Senior Producer of Original Content and Production, you will play a key role in the success of the Original Content and Production team’s post edits including artist promo, live production, and documentary short form formats.
This role will collaborate with all producers to develop the best narrative edits and live multi camera performance edits in the music content space. As an editor for Original Content and Production, this role will also be responsible for media management, full edit workflow, color correct and finishing.
Are you up to the challenge? Yes you are. If you believe Bono that “music can change the world
because it can change people”, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance
creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music
video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in New York.
AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM, YOU WILL
- Edit original live multi camera performance and narrative based content
- Work with our Spanish Producer to assemble and develop Spanish language performance and narrative based content
- Work with a team of producers to help bring all post production work to life
- Manage media, hard drives, footage archive
- Bring a unique and highly skilled tone of voice to our edit team
THIS DESCRIBES YOU
- A robust portfolio demonstrating content you have edited within the music and pop culture space
- Demonstrated experience in editing multi camera performance
- Strong communication & time management skills
- A high level of interpersonal and presentational skills, the ability to vocalize thoughts and suggestions and constructively shape the conversation
- Understanding of social media strategies, working hand in hand with social teams to deliver reactive engaging content
- Ability to manage your time across multiple fast-moving projects
- A great listener with the ability to onboard everything you hear from multiple teams and shape the input into fantastic work
- 6+ years proven experience working as a music or pop culture editor
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and spoken.
- A content reel highlighting past work including any and all multi camera performance edits
- A strong ability to tell stories visually
- A relevant degree is preferable
INTERESTED? GREAT! YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.