Director, Ad Tech
New York City OR Los Angeles
Rev Ops – Ad Operations /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 25B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
We are seeking a Director of Ad Tech to join our team of talented Ad Tech professionals. This role reports into the VP of Ad Tech within the Revenue Operations Organization. This role is responsible for managing the Distribution Ad tech integrations as well as our Ad Server integrations.
As a leader on our team, you will:
- Manage Ad serving structure for Vevo’s Distribution landscape.
- Responsible for execution and management of ad integrations across all distribution endpoints across our Connect TV partners including Fast, AVOD, VMVPD’s.
- Responsible for managing all ad server platforms used by Vevo.
- Support teams where needed, to assist in troubleshooting any ad server & distribution issues.
- Create and Maintain relationships with the distribution partners operations teams.
- Build, Manage and evolve relationships with our 3rd party ad servers, ensuring optimal use of systems for Vevo’s ad delivery needs across our various sales products including direct, and programmatic.
- Monitoring any system release notes and working with internal stakeholders to identify and activate those items required by Vevo.
- Responsible for running regular checks of distribution platforms, including actively viewing, to ensure that the ad experience is functioning correctly, and ads are displaying as expected.
- Analyzing and providing, regular reporting on important ad metrics such as overall delivery, IVT, discrepancies, low view through rates and escalating to the right stakeholders when required.
- Working with internal teams such as Ad Operations, Revenue Operations, Sales, Product & Engineering, and Distribution Operations to ensure that the setup of distribution integrations aligns with company strategy and the relevant stakeholders are kept informed of changes or updates.
- Being responsible for ensuring ad industry compliance through the ad integration e.g. GDPR/CCPA compliance, CMP integration
This describes you:
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in implementation and management of Ad Servers including Google Ad Manager, Freewheel, and Publica.
- Strong Knowledge and hands-on experience in the workflow and implementation of Ad delivery across VOD Apps, FAST Platforms, and VMVPD’s
- Strong technical background in Ad technologies, knowledge of SQL, industry compliance standards such as GDPR, CCPA.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and senior management.
- 7+ years of experience in managing ad technology for media companies.
- Experience with Ad integrations across Digital, FAST Channel, and Connect TV app
- Experience integrating, and managing platforms such as Google Ad Manager, Freewheel, Publica, or similar platforms.
- Experience managing programmatic platforms.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving technical issues directly with Vendors, Internal teams, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate across a broad range of technical and non-technical people.
- Knowledge of SQL is a strong plus
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, being comfortable with diving into the data and analyzing trends.
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight-knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
The pay range for this position is: $130k – 150k per year. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Transparency Law.
This is a full-time position based on-site/in our New York or Los Angeles office. Vevo currently operates in a hybrid work model and requires all employees, who have not been designated as "remote" to be in the office/studio a minimum of 3 days a week.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local