Accounts Payable Analyst
New York, NY
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 400,000 music videos in its catalogue.
The Accounts Payable Analyst will supervise the outsourced Accounts Payable Team, ensuring that everything from setting up new vendors to the coding, processing, and payments of supplier invoices is accurate and consistent with Vevo’s policies and budgets, and that all transactions are authorized and reconciled.
The Analyst will have daily contact with suppliers and will work with/correspond with Vevo personnel of all levels including senior management. The Analyst will work with the Business Affairs team to ensure that vendor contracts are fully executed prior to vendors being paid, where relevant.
Are you up to the challenge? Yes you are. If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people”, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in New York City. We are in a convenient location in Times Square near Grand Central, Penn Station and a host of subway options.
As a member of our team, you will be
- Act as a liaison between Vevo employees and the outsourced AP/payment service provider
- Monitor the daily activities of the outsourced AP/payment service providers, to ensure adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure vendor additions and edits are appropriately authorized and entered, and are supported by appropriate tax forms (W9s, W-8BENs, etc.)
- Ensure invoices, credit memos, and payments transactions are appropriately authorized and coded to the correct accounts
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos, and that discount opportunities are realized
- Review sales taxes for appropriateness
- Ensure payments are processed on a timely basis for approved invoices, are appropriately authorized, and are net of applicable withholdings
- Record relevant bank transactions in the general ledger, investigate outstanding checks and issue stop-payments as necessary, and reconcile the disbursement bank statement to the general ledger
- Ensure expenses are supported by contracts where required, and payments are executed when goods/services have been received
- Support Finance team with administrative duties
- Other related duties and ad hoc projects, as necessary
This describes you
- You are a self-starter and feel comfortable managing every aspect of the AP process
- Excel excites you
- You work well in an autonomous, fast-paced, and fun environment
- You are comfortable presenting information to all levels of employees, including senior leadership
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of experience working in Account Payable, Finance, and/or Accounting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong experience with MS Excel
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances.
- We offer a 401k match.
- We are in an upscale New York city office with stunning views of Times Square.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.