Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 350,000 music videos in its catalogue.
We’re seeking a full-time product manager in our downtown Portland office to join our tight-knit and talented engineering team that is building the next generation music video publishing platform and applications.
As a product manager, you will drive outcomes that contribute to Vevo’s largest initiatives, pulling together geographically distributed cross-functional teams to execute at both the strategic and tactical levels. You will obsess to understand areas of opportunity and pain points within the end to end publishing and promotional processes. Plus, your leadership and influence will push Vevo to continuously improve processes and user satisfaction through data-driven decision making.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in downtown Portland. Vevo’s PDX office is dedicated to the engineering team, where we’ve established an incredible culture. Every day we gather around our 20 person table for a personalized catered lunch and interpersonal discussions. Drinks, music, and games are a staple of our office happy hours, with a fully stocked break room. Vevo PDX also has a strong community presence by hosting a variety of tech meetups and volunteering for a number of public services.
As a member of our team, you will
- Lead the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery via collaboration with other teams across the company: Content and Programming, Business Development, Sales Operations, Data Science, and Research
- Obsess over the opportunities and problem spaces through interviewing, whiteboarding, and asking “why”
- Drive project management activities: product planning, roadmapping, and release planning
- Act as a Product Owner developing, maintaining, and refining a backlog in a tool like Jira or Asana
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and end users
- Define, analyze, and report on key measures informing the success of product iterations
This describes you
- You are a highly motivated, self-driven individual looking for a ground floor opportunity with a great brand
- You are curious to a fault, always looking beyond wants and desires, finding only value add opportunities
- You can grok and explain technology and business concepts between technical and non-technical audiences
- You can confidently lead a group in whiteboarding, concepting and prioritization exercises
- You can drive cross-functional business and technical teams to deliver products and services
- You are data driven, using empirical evidence to drive hypotheses and justify decisions
- You can articulate development status and challenges to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are opinionated, yet humble, when collaborating with team members
- BA/BS in a related field or additional experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in technical product management or development role
- Professional experience with modern software delivery practices, processes, and tools
- Experience delivering content management, data management, or digital asset management applications
- Experience delivering data ingestion pipelines and/or digital asset publishing platforms
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- The work environment at Vevo is a vibrant, collaborative one where we nurture personal and professional growth. We choose our candidates a little differently than other companies. We hire for cultural alignment, and look for people who embody and share our values. You can expect your fellow team members to be respectful, curious, helpful, efficient and committed to high standards.
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team
- We really enjoy music, games, and technology
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages
- We have in-office and external happy hours
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We offer a 401k matchWe have a fully stocked kitchen and bar with catered lunches everyday
- We are in a convenient location next to TriMet lines and with on-site bike storage
- We will be in “Big Pink” this summer with stunning views of Mount St. Helens, Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.