Business Operations & Strategy Manager, Growth and Distribution
New York, NY
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 400,000 music videos in its catalogue.
The Business Operations & Strategy, Growth and Distribution Manager is a crucial part of the Business Operations & Strategy team. The role lives at the heart of the company, touches all key business functions, and is focused on maximizing the promotional and commercial value of our music videos across all distribution platforms. They help lead a team of internal consultants to work cross-functionally with business development, engineering, data science, product, and marketing to design and execute growth and distribution initiatives.
Successful growth and distribution is central to our mission and represents a growing global impact for the business and for Vevo’s artist and label partners. The Business Operations & Strategy, Growth and Distribution Manager role will lead a variety of initiatives: informing product roadmaps to meet the business needs, evangelizing and running experiments, onboarding and monitoring distribution partnerships, and ensuring efficient communication of Vevo’s value to our record label partners.
As a member of our team, you will
- Provide analytical leadership for Vevo’s Product, Engineering and Content teams to develop key insights and suggestions on how to optimize Vevo’s Audience Growth.
- Collaborate across business functions quickly and work with a diverse set of key Vevo and record label stakeholders.
- Partner with Business Development to evaluate new partnership opportunities, prepare analyses in support of negotiations and develop recommendations to present to key stakeholders.
- Partner with Vevo’s data scientists to design, implement, and evangelize experiments that can extend our understanding of Vevo video performance and inform business strategy.
- Build, automate and support actionable dashboards for reporting on Vevo’s content portfolio to Vevo’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Analyze source traffic patterns in order to reveal non-obvious insights about what drives channel success.
- Support daily, weekly and monthly reporting around Vevo’s network and use it to help business partners identify opportunities and translate them into actionable initiatives.
This describes you
- You are a strong communicator and can effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others.
- You are a critical thinker: You are thoughtful, self-aware, and use available evidence to make decisions.
- You nerd out on data and have a genuine curiosity around using it to find answers and drive strategy.
- You enjoy transforming data into compelling visualizations and clearly defined dashboards in business intelligence tools like Looker or Tableau.
- You like to see the fruits of your labor translate to growing an organization.
- You have experience taking fun seriously; and cheering up your teammates when they need some positive encouragement; you naturally understand that work isn’t work when you love what you do.
- 4+ years of analytical work experience in the music industry, digital media, marketing, advertising and/or in a business operations and analytics environment.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills with proven experience to drive creative solutions.
- BA/BS degree with quantitative focus (economics, computer science, mathematics, physics, marketing, digital media, or statistics) or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong knowledge of a data analytics toolkit, such as SQL, R, Python plus data warehouse environments (e.g. BigQuery, Redshift, etc.)
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Passion for music and music videos.
- Bonus points for experience working with YouTube Analytics and YouTube Creator Studio
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We are a tight community of fun, upbeat people with a real passion for music and technology
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive compensation packages
- Premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- Concert ticket giveaways
- 401k Match
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.