New York, NY
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 350,000 music videos in its catalogue.
Vevo’s Sales Operations team functions as the glue that holds together our Sales and Sales Support teams. We define and optimize processes, vet, implement and maintain systems, ensure order compliance and define where our business is – and where we think it is going. Sales Operations works across the Sales, Yield, Inventory, Ad Operations and Account Management functions to make sure our teams have the tools, data and guidance that they need to hit our goals.
The Sales Operations Reporting Analyst forms a key role at Vevo by providing analytical insights trends and YOY comparisons on sales and pricing data to drive key decision making throughout the organization. This position is also responsible for helping to manage the integrity of Vevo’s Sales and Revenue data and use this in-depth knowledge of our data to drive improvements in reporting capabilities and data quality.
As a member of the Sales Operations team, you will be working alongside Sales leaders to facilitate understanding of what Vevo’s revenue landscape looks like – and uncovering why the landscape is the way that it is. You will help to support Sales and Marketing by providing insights on where the business is, where it has been and helping to identify where the business is headed. All of this will be done using data and math. Did we mention data? There, we just did.
Are you up to the challenge? Yes you are. If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people”, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in New York City. We are in a convenient location in Times Square near Grand Central, Penn Station and a host of subway options.
As a member of our team, you will be
- Compiling and reviewing monthly Sales metrics to support senior leadership decision-making.
- Partnering with Sales and Sales Support to fulfill any ad-hoc metrics reports or dashboard needs, educate Sales and Sales Support on our data, data best practices and advise on trends in our data and insights uncovered through analysis.
- Partnering with third-party Sales-facing system vendors and consultants to help drive system enhancements to improve data quality and reporting capabilities.
- Working closely with third party vendors on project managing the implementation of Wave Analytics dashboard creation and designs
- Driving the gathering of reporting and data requirements from Sales, Finance, Ad Ops, Research, Marketing and Sales Ops teams.
- Maintaining and routinely monitoring the quality and integrity of all Sales-facing system data.
- Responsible for proactively identifying data, reporting or trend discrepancies and recommending corrective action to relevant parties.
- Responsible for updating all departmental data and reporting compliance guidelines and educating team on any new rules and regulations.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams define, create and monitor reports and dashboards in Salesforce and Wave Analytics.
- Acting as back up to team in reviewing necessary information (dollars, impressions, ad unit sizes, etc.) on all Insertion Orders and verify system input accuracy and ensuring that Terms and Conditions meet Vevo’s objectives.
This describes you
- You have a curiosity for understanding why things happen and a desire to learn more about a situation than what is apparent given the information in front of you
- Strong desire to solve problems, often complex and nebulous, to help us all hit our goals
- Math and Excel excite you
- You work well in an autonomous, fast-paced environment
- Presenting information in front of senior leadership / your peers excites – and does not deter – you
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1+ years reporting and analysis experience.
- Media experience required.
- Advanced experience with MS Excel including the use of pivot tables, macros, v-lookups, concatenate and If-then functions.
- Familiar with standard advertising concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Salesforce and Wave Analytics experience a plus.
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages.
- We have in-office and external happy hours.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances.
- We offer a 401k match.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and bar.
- We are in an upscale New York city office with stunning views of Times Square.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.