Manager, Business Development
New York City OR Los Angeles /
Business Affairs / Business Development – Business Development /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 25B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
We are seeking a Business Development, Manager to join our small (and growing) team of talented deal-makers that are working to take Vevo’s business to the next level with a particular emphasis on forging new CTV distribution partnerships. This role reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Business Development. The Business Development team is a critical element in the company’s evolving CTV strategy, ensuring that Vevo builds smart, innovative partnerships that will propel the business to new heights. As a member of the Business Development team here at Vevo, you’ll be working alongside incredibly talented individuals that will challenge you to think about issues such as navigating the ever-changing TV landscape, how best to monetize content, and how to align interests to create successful long-term partnerships. We often take time as a team to review new industry trends and advancements and think critically about various developments around us that may impact the ways we decide to be more strategic as a team overall. We have a phenomenal unit made up of fun and accomplished individuals with diverse backgrounds, and we’re excited about having you join us!
As a member of the team, you will:
- Evaluate new partnership opportunities and manage the vetting of inbound business proposals and inquiries
- Work with the Sr. Manager to define and refine partnership structures related to distribution, content acquisition, technology and sales & marketing
- Manage and support day-to-day deal activity
- Provide negotiation support and help build long-term relationships with partners
- Prepare analyses in support of negotiations and develop recommendations to present to key stakeholders
- Foster business relationships with content owners, distribution partners, tech service and other service providers to support the growth of Vevo business
- Prepare ongoing analysis of the competitive landscape and key industry trends and share key findings from the marketplace with Senior Leadership
This describes you:
- You have a deep understanding of financial modeling with a good understanding of the latest emerging trends in streaming media
- You have strong presentation skills helping translate the analysis to insights and “take aways” that drive decision making
- You have are a pragmatic thinker
- You present your thoughts clearly and persuasively, in both the written and spoken word
- You are thoughtful and analytical, but do not suffer from analysis paralysis
- You work well in a collaborative environment
- You can translate high-level strategy to its day-to-day implementation
- You take initiative and are a problem solver
- You have a passion for music, entertainment, TV and digital media
- 4+ years’ experience within media/tech industry in finance, corporate strategy, consulting or investment banking with an MBA preferred.
- Familiarity with advertising technologies, with prior programmatic advertising deal experience preferred
- BA or BS degree as well as outstanding academic performance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proactive and detail-oriented thinker with the ability to thrive in an often ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and financial skills; highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, creative environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities under time constraints
The pay range for this position is: $125k - $135k per year. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.