Senior Product Manager (Data team)
Portland, OR /
Product & Engineering – Data /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 26B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is available on YouTube, Samsung, Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, PlutoTV, Apple TV, Roku, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, Sky (NowTV and SkyQ), Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra and Vewd.
We’re seeking a full-time Senior Product Manager to join our tight-knit and talented data engineering team that is building the next generation music video publishing platform and applications.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will drive outcomes that contribute to Vevo’s largest initiatives, pulling together geographically distributed cross-functional teams to execute at both the strategic and tactical levels. Your work will impact everything from content performance to revenue operations, this role owns the roadmap that intersects our B2B, and Connected TV business with BI, Strategy, and Data Science.
You will obsess to understand areas of opportunity and pain points within the end to end publishing and promotional processes. Plus, your leadership and influence will push Vevo to continuously improve processes and user satisfaction through data-driven decision making.
This is a full-time position and is based in either Portland, Oregon or New York City, NY. Vevo’s engineering team is an established cohort with an incredible culture. Vevo’s PDX location also has a strong community presence by hosting a variety of tech meetups.
***Currently we are all working remotely, though, we will be back in the office soon. Candidates need to be located in Portland, OR or New York City. ***
As a member of our team, you will:
- Lead the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery via collaboration with other teams across the company: Content and Programming, Business Development, Sales Operations, Data Science, and Research
- Obsess over the opportunities and problem spaces through interviewing, whiteboarding, and asking “why”
- Drive project management activities: product planning, roadmapping, and release planning
- Act as a Product Owner developing, maintaining, and refining a backlog in a tool like Jira or Asana
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and end users
- Define, analyze, and report on key measures informing the success of product iterationsLead and influence process improvements of other product managers
This describes you:
- You are a highly motivated, self-driven individual looking for a ground floor opportunity with a great brand
- You are curious to a fault, always looking beyond wants and desires, finding only value add opportunities
- You can grok and explain technology and business concepts between technical and non-technical audiences
- You can confidently lead a group in whiteboarding, concepting and prioritization exercisesYou can drive cross-functional business and technical teams to deliver products and services
- You are data driven, using empirical evidence to drive hypotheses and justify decisions
- You can articulate development status and challenges to both technical and non-technical audiencesYou are opinionated, yet humble, when collaborating with team members
- BA/BS in a related field or additional experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in product management role
- Professional experience with modern software delivery practices, processes, and tools
- Experience delivering content management, data management, or digital asset management applications
- Experience delivering data ingestion pipelines and/or digital asset publishing platforms
- Experience leading other product managers and developing product management best practices
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We are a tight community of fun, upbeat people with a real passion for music and technology
- We are active in the PDX development community including hosting/attending meetups
- We help you remain up to date with new technology through our skill-based guilds, book clubs, code and tells, and other opportunities like professional training and conferences
- Premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We provide daily catered lunches and an assortment of snacks and beverages
- Excellent benefits package including a 401K match
- Competitive compensation packages
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.