Senior Manager, Business Development
New York, NY
Vevo is the world’s leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform with over 24 billion monthly views globally. Vevo delivers a personalized and expertly curated experience for audiences to explore and discover music videos, exclusive original programming and live performances from the artists they love on mobile, web and connected TV.
Take a look inside Vevo: http://vevo.ly/cz8ykP
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Business Development to join our small (and growing) team of talented deal-makers that are working to take Vevo’s business to the next level. This role reports directly to the VP, Business Development and will be a member of the broader Business Affairs / Business Development team.
The Business Development team is a key element in the company’s evolving strategy, ensuring that Vevo builds smart, innovative partnerships that will propel the business to new heights. As Senior Manager of Business Development, you will provide thought leadership on industry developments and technologies as well as perform analysis and provide recommendations on partnership proposals. Eventually you will develop, lead, and execute your own deals directly with Vevo’s external partners to grow our product offering and expand distribution. You will also support the company’s overall strategy and work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Content, Ad Sales, Ad Operations/Yield Management, Programming, Marketing, Finance and Business Affairs. This role requires an individual who is an effective communicator, is adaptable and can combine an understanding of the overall media space with a foundation in financial and business analysis.
As a member of the Business Development team here at Vevo, you’ll be working alongside incredibly talented individuals that will both inspire you and challenge you to think about issues such as navigating the intellectual property landscape, how best to monetize content, and how to align interests to create successful long term partnerships in ways you may not have considered before. We often take time as a team to review new industry trends and advancements, and think critically about various developments around us that may impact the ways we decide to be more strategic as a team overall. We have a phenomenal unit made up of fun and accomplished individuals with diverse backgrounds, and we’re excited about having you join us!
Are you up to the challenge? Yes you are. If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people”, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in New York. We are in a convenient location in Times Square, accessible from Penn Station, Port Authority & Grand Central, as well as a host of subway options.
AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM, YOU WILL
- Evaluate new partnership opportunities and manage the vetting of inbound business proposals and inquiries.
- Work with the VP to define the structure for new or expanded partnerships for content acquisition/licensing, distribution and technology services.
- Prepare analyses in support of negotiations and develop recommendations to present to key stakeholders.
- Prepare ongoing analysis of the competitive landscape and key industry trends as well as share key findings from the marketplace with our business group.
- Foster business relationships with content owners, distribution partners, application developers, platform and other service providers to support the growth of Vevo business.
THIS DESCRIBES YOU
- Share our passion for music and digital media; have a genuine curiosity for emerging digital technology.
- Have a flair for presenting analysis outcomes clearly, thoughtfully, and creatively.
- Enjoy both collaborative and self-directed projects and can work effectively in each.
- Communicate articulately, actively solve problems, and provide a unique perspective.
- Have a track record of questioning the status quo to achieve positive results.
- Have experience taking fun seriously and cheering up your teammates when they need some positive encouragement; you naturally understand that work isn’t work when you love what you do.
- You are intrigued by uncovering the possibilities that accompany smart analysis and scenario modeling.
- Can see the ‘big picture’ and translate high-level strategy to its day-to-day implementation.
- Can successfully navigate complex problems by crafting unconventional solutions.
- MBA from top tier program, plus at least 2 years of media-industry related work experience in strategy, business or corporate development, or consulting; OR
- At least a 4-year undergraduate with 6+ years’ experience in business development, corporate development, strategy, or banking with a portion of this time spent directly in a media industry-related role.
- Direct digital content deal experience or experience in the forecasting and analysis of digital content monetization highly desirable.
- Proactive and detail-oriented thinker with the ability to thrive in an often ambiguous, fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, financial, and research skills to hit the ground running with modeling assignments and strategy / research projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, creative environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities under time constraints.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
INTERESTED? GREAT! YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages.
- We have in-office and external happy hours.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances.
- We offer a 401k match.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and bar.
- We are in an upscale New York city office with stunning views of Times Square.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.