Manager, Ad Tech Distribution
New York, NY /
Rev Ops – Ad Operations /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 26B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is available on YouTube, Samsung, Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, PlutoTV, Apple TV, Roku, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, Sky (NowTV and SkyQ), Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra and Vewd.
We are seeking a Manager, Ad Tech Distribution to join the Ad Operations team. This position will report directly to the Senior Director, Ad Tech and will be a member of the broader Revenue Operations team.
The Revenue Operations team plays a key role in the company’s evolving strategy, ensuring that Vevo drives revenue across our platforms. As Manager, Ad Tech Distribution, you will help drive the technical ad implementation strategy across our ever growing distribution landscape. You will ensure that ad integrations with new distribution partners are seamless as well as monitoring existing distribution partnerships to ensure we are able to maximize the efficiency of ad delivery.
You will work cross-functionally with Vevo’s Product & Engineering, Sales & Distribution, Content & Programming, Business Development & Business Operations teams.
The ideal candidate has working knowledge of Ad Tech on both AVOD and Fast Channel platforms. This candidate is also an effective communicator and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position based in our New York City office. Although we are currently remote during COVID-19, we will eventually be returning to the office and need applicants to be currently located near the office they will be based out of.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Be responsible for the technical ad integration between Vevo and all new and existing distribution partners.
- Be responsible for the network level maintenance within Vevo’s ad server.
- Be responsible for Pre and Post launch QA of each distribution end point.
- Help to troubleshoot any ad delivery issues such as 3rd party discrepancies and non-delivery of ads.
- Actively view the performance of distribution endpoints to ensure proper ad delivery.
- Build and maintain ad tags for each different end point.
- Build relationships to foster good communication with distribution partners.
This describes you:
- You are technically proficient and able to query ad logs in order to identify any beaconing issues or potential problems with implemented VAST tags.
- Must be able to multi-task multiple projects, work well under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Curious about ad tech trends, maintaining an awareness and developing market intelligence of industry trends, technology, etc. through active participation in industry groups/task forces such as the IAB, by reading appropriate industry publications, screening potential vendors, and attending events/conferences.
- 3+ years of experience in online advertising trafficking or ad tech.
- Experience of working and integrating with AVOD or FAST Channel platforms
- Experience with FreeWheel, Doubleclick or similar ad serving solution is required.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Python are required.
- Extensive working knowledge of online advertising and operations workflow and infrastructure.
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team
- We really enjoy music and technology
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances
- We offer a 401k match
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.