Senior Media Research Analyst
New York, NY /
Research – Research /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 26B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is available on YouTube, Samsung, Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, PlutoTV, Apple TV, Roku, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, Sky (NowTV and SkyQ), Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra and Vewd.
Vevo is seeking a creative, analytical, and organized professional to join our team as a Senior Media Analyst. This person plays a crucial role in Vevo’s growing global business helping to inform commercial strategy.
Our ideal candidate will have a solid grasp of the media landscape and the trends and forces driving industry change. You will also have a desire to analyze and understand our North America territory, interpreting media behaviors and guiding business opportunities at a global level.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Work cross functionally with internal teams such as Sales, Media & Distribution and Ad Operations
- Serve as a primary point of contact for Vevo’s campaign and media analytics efforts
- Work strategically to offer solutions that best fit the client’s need and uses our resources wisely
- Launch and monitor campaign research studies, ensuring measurement is tracking properly
- Summarize study findings into client facing wrap decks and case studies
- Maintain Vevo’s library of data trends (campaign results, audience reach, etc.), identifying meaningful stories and insights for stakeholders
- Author detailed research summaries that highlight key learnings across various projects/studies to be shared across the broader organization
- Manage day-to-day relationship between Vevo and its research partners - participate in status calls, monitor campaigns, troubleshoot any measurement roadblocks, etc.
- Monitor the video media landscape, surfacing insights into Vevo’s competitive positioning internally and evaluating areas for further research and data acquisition
- Partner with other members of the Research organization to develop education programs that train internal teams on research terminology, studies, best practices, etc.
- Assist in setting up test studies to evaluate match rates and performance across potential reach partners
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of media experience at a fast-paced web publisher, media agency or TV Network
- Experience working with tools and measurement solutions such as Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) and Google Ad Manager (GAM)
- Knowledge of visualization tools such as Looker and measurement solutions such as iSpot and TVision a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to read and interpret complex and ambiguous data sets
- Ability to work independently and problem solve as well as effectively collaborate with internal and external teams
- The ability to work with ambiguous data to create insights that reflect strong business judgment
- Detail-oriented, strong time management skills, an eagerness to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and GoogleSuite Products
The pay range for this position is: $65,000 - $75,000 per year. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
This is a full-time position based on-site/in the office (unless otherwise noted in the job posting that this role is fully remote). Vevo will operate in a hybrid work model and will require employees to be in office 2-3 days a week, on average.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.