Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
San Francisco, CA
Vevo is the world’s leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform with over 25 billion monthly views globally. Vevo delivers an expertly curated experience for audiences to explore and discover music videos, exclusive original programming and live performances from the artists they love.
About the role
We are growing our data team to the next generation of Vevo’s data services. This team works on green field projects at Vevo and creates the new intelligence for Vevo online services, in the form of personalized experiences.
The Data team’s mission is to deliver intelligent data experiences and insights to Vevo users. Who are Vevo users? Vevo users = consumers, Vevo internal business groups, artists and labels.
Are you up to the challenge? If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people”, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in San Francisco. We are in a convenient location next to a Muni & Bart station entrance on Market Street.
As a member of our team, you will
- Be responsible for designing, building and supporting components that are part of the Vevo data platform.
- Help build the data platform which will have a wide range in terms of reach, from supporting consumer facing smart data products, as well as industrializing capabilities to power internal needs.
- Be in an environment that supports tight collaboration between data scientists and data engineers, from designing, modeling, experimenting, all the way to deployment and operating production level code.
This describes you
- You are passionate about music
- You thrive on autonomy and are self-motivated and driven
- You appreciate simplicity over complexity – pragmatic
- Have high tolerance for ambiguity and fast-changing contexts
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Significant real-world experience with Java (5+ years)
- Have experience with distributed systems and computing frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Experience with SQL (above average)
- Experience building consumer facing high scale systems/services
- Experience building data pipelines that process massive data sets
- Significant real-world experience with Java
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms is nice to have
- Experience with Python is also nice to have
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We are a fun energetic tight knit team with a passion for music and technology
- In office/external happy hours
- We help you remain up to date with new technology including hosting/attending meetups
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive compensation packages
- Premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- Concert ticket giveaways
- 401k Match
- Upscale San Francisco office with stunning views of City Hall, Golden Gate Bridge, the Peninsula, and the Bay
- Fully stocked kitchen and bar with catered lunches everyday
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.