Sr. Analyst, Consumer & Artist Insights
New York, NY /
Research – Research /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 25B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is looking for a highly motivated Analyst to help drive our research and consumer insights solutions globally. This role is responsible for managing primary and secondary research projects from inception through completion, translating learning objectives into appropriate research methods and study designs. You will oversee insights that inform strategic and tactical business issues in support of programming, distribution, marketing, and advertising.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Consumer & Artist Insights within the Research and Marketing team working at the cutting edge of digital advertising, connected television, and music videos.
- Manage various aspects of quantitative and qualitative primary research projects, including study design and execution, data analysis, and translating findings into actionable results
- Partner with Marketing, Communications, Sales, and Distribution teams to deliver proprietary and marketplace insights to effectively demonstrate the value proposition Vevo offers in the marketplace
- Conduct consumer-focused user research studies to test business hypotheses and shape strategies and launches for Vevo’s connected TV apps, programming, and original content offerings
- Leverage a broad range of data sets and research tools, pulling disparate pieces of data together to uncover actionable insights and produce insightful reports that highlight key consumer learnings and implications for Vevo’s business overall
- Monitor global consumer media, streaming, and music trends and industry news to keep a pulse on changes in the market and translate these trends into probing research questions and learning agendas for agency and label partners
- Act as the subject matter expert on all third party market intelligence research tools, creating turn-key approaches to address on-going business needs
● This describes you:
- A creative thinker, comfortable using data to validate a narrative and tell a story
- You can compile, synthesize, and distill data from multiple sources and communicate findings and implications to a variety of audiences with varying levels of technical understanding
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively and take initiative to drive projects to completion with various internal and external team
- You have an understanding of the US media landscape and the trends and forces driving industry change
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, statistics, psychology, social sciences, or a related field
- 2-4 years of relevant research experience, preferably at a media/advertising agency or a market research firm
- Strong knowledge of various research principles and methods (quant and qual) and how they can be utilized to drive business solutions
- Experience with global market intelligence tools such as Comscore, Brandwatch, GlobalWebIndex, MRI|Simmons, etc.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite
- Strong analytic, critical thinking, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve as well as effectively collaborate with internal and external teams
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight-knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
The pay range for this position is: $65k-$70k per year. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Transparency Law.
This is a full-time position based on-site/in our New York office. Vevo currently operates in a hybrid work model and requires all employees, who have not been designated as "remote" to be in the office/studio a minimum of 3 days a week.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.