Manager, Distribution Partner Management
London, UK /
Sales – Advanced TV /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 26B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is available on YouTube, Samsung, Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, PlutoTV, Apple TV, Roku, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, Sky (NowTV and SkyQ), Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra and Vewd.
We are searching for a highly organized, self-starter Manager to support the fast-paced growth of our Distribution Partner Management team through on-boarding and nurturing of various UK+EU distribution partners.
The Manager of Distribution Partner Management will report into the Senior Director of Distribution Partner Management within Vevo’s Advanced TV Sales and Distribution organization. This role will play an integral part in helping to achieve the company’s CTV growth objectives while maintaining and elevating our relationships with our valuable distribution partners. The Manager will partner internally and externally with cross sections of the business, from Business Development, Business Affairs, Sales, Revenue Operations, Product and Engineering, Content and Programming, Business Operations, Digital Marketing, and others. The right individual will help us become our partners’ best partner while delivering upon internal business goals and KPIs. In addition to excellent communication skills (written and verbal), success in this role will be dependent upon your ability to learn and adapt quickly, build internal and external relationships, anticipate team needs and be solution oriented when faced with challenges. A deep interest in the intersection of media, entertainment and technology is required, specifically in regard to the evolving UK+EU CTV landscape, new digital trends, and emerging consumer video platforms. When feasible and safe, in-person meetings between the Manager of Distribution Partnerships and our key UK+EU partners will be encouraged in order to build deeper relationships.
As a member of the Distribution Partner Management team, you’ll be a part of formulating successful processes and best-practices to support the success of the overall team and Vevo’s company objectives. You will work alongside talented and insightful individuals that will challenge you to think about balancing the user experience with revenue goals, what technical solutions should be implemented to launch an optimal product - and what promotional levers to pull in order to help drive growth. This role is the first Distribution Partner Management team member based outside of the US; there is a lot of room for taking ownership and exceeding expectations!
Are you up to the challenge? Yes you are. If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people”, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a Full-time position and is based at our office in London. We are in a superb location between St Pancras and Kings Cross Station, right in the heart of all the recent regeneration of the area, a stone's throw from the bustling shops and restaurants of the Coal Drop Yard.
As a member of our team, you will
- Own the working relationship with day-to-day POCs at assigned Partners
- Work with designated Partners to troubleshoot bugs, test new capabilities and ensure proper product functionality
- Collaborate with Partners to identify new selling and marketing strategies to drive user engagement and sales
- Serve as the main internal lead and subject matter expert on all capabilities, limitations and specifications of assigned Partners
- Participate in cross-functional kick-offs and ongoing meetings to ensure launch and proper onboarding for new Partners
- Fully understand the Partner arrangements and ensure Vevo and the Partner meet all contractual agreements. Ex: sales rights, data collection, promotional placements etc.
- Coordinate with Content + Programming to ensure programming is functioning properly and is optimized for assigned Partners
- Liaise with Product & Engineering to ensure Vevo’s product is functioning properly across assigned Partners
- Collaborate with RevOps to optimize monetization and sell-thru for each assigned Partners
- Partner with Media & Distribution Marketing team to develop go-to-market materials to drive partner specific revenue for use by the sales team
- Partner with Senior Director and Senior Manager on QBR discussions and address any foreseeable issues
This describes you
- You are self-motivated and take initiative in order to achieve quarterly goals
- You are an enthusiastic problem solver with the ability to multitask and prioritize a high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment
- You are detail oriented and hold your work to high standards
- You are an effective communicator and enjoy collaborating across departments
- You have technical aptitude with a creative mind You are a team player with a "can-do” attitude, adaptable, responsive and extremely organized
- You have experience working with Business Development, Product Management, and/or Product Marketing teams, and have an understanding of the marketing funnel
- 3-5 years of experience in a media, entertainment, or technology related professional environment
- Understanding of the digital video, linear TV and OTT/CTV landscapes
- Advanced Power Point skills and knowledge of G-Suite
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team
- We really enjoy music and technology
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages. We have in-office and external happy hours
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances
- We offer a 401k match
- We have a fully stocked snack station and bar
This is a full-time position based on-site/in the office. Vevo will operate in a hybrid work model and will require employees to be in office 2-3 days a week, on average.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.