Digital Inventory Manager
New York, NY
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 350,000 music videos in its catalogue.
We’re seeking a Digital Inventory Manager to join our small team of talented Revenue Operations specialists that are working to maximize profitable revenue and provide best in class support for our Global Business.
This Digital Inventory Manager role will report to the Director of Pricing, Planning & Inventory, as part of the larger Revenue Operations/Sales organization. The Digital Inventory Manager will have the opportunity to help lead & develop a team of talented Inventory Analysts, in an effort to maximize Inventory utilization while providing best in class customer service to the Sales organization.
As a member of the Revenue Operations team here at Vevo, you’ll be working alongside super talented individuals that will both inspire you and challenge you to think about things like strategic sales planning, inventory forecasting/utilization, and ad product pricing/packaging in ways you hadn’t imagined. We often take time as a team to review new industry trends and advancements and think critically about various things happening in the world around us that may impact the ways we decide to be more strategic as a team overall. We have a phenomenal team made up of accomplished individuals from Sales Planners, Campaign Managers to Sales Operations specialists, and we’re excited about having you join us!
Are you up to the challenge? Yes, you are. If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people”, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in New York. We are in a convenient location in Times Square, accessible from Penn Station, Port Authority & Grand Central, as well as a host of subway options.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Work cross-departmentally with Management to roll out products to the Sales Org, outline revenue opportunity and maximize Vevo’s Inventory Utilization.
- Manage Inventory Analysts in their day to day tasks, supporting questions & problem-solving.
- Develop training materials for Inventory analysts & communicate Pricing & Planning initiatives.
- Consistent training & development of Inventory Analysts.
- Oversee the development of tools used to create efficiencies in the day to day process & increase the accuracy of Vevo’s forecasting practices.
- Key stakeholder in cross-departmental Sales & Data initiatives. Ensuring Vevo Inventory is represented in all systems in an accurate & meaningful way.
- Work with Pricing, Planning & Yield management to develop strategies for Vevo’s specialty products; Audience Guarantee, Viewability Guarantee, First Impression Video Products, etc.
- Track, manage & report on Vevo’s Global Inventory ecosystem; analyzing the change in specific areas & using insights to inform forecasting strategy.
- Develop & oversee a revision of Vevo’s Global booking process; managing Artist bookings & creating marketing holds for any key editorial dates, premieres & tentpole events.
- Develop & oversee the Inventory Reservation process, ensuring our reserved inventory is in line with our booked & expected revenue.
- Distribute weekly & bi-weekly Inventory updates to Sales & Senior Management to inform revenue opportunity & inventory gaps.
- Present high-level Inventory Analysis, Premiere Pricing & Takeover analysis to RevOps Management.
This describes you:
- You love to collaborate- taking your analysis and working with various teams to put it into action.
- You live to lead- the development & success of team members motivate you on a daily basis.
- You enjoy creating solutions; using your expertise to contribute to revenue growth and campaign success.
- You have an appreciation for the details, and how they can connect to the larger picture.
- You are intrigued by a dynamic, flexible digital video product and its revenue potential.
- You have experience taking fun seriously, and cheering up your teammates when they need some positive encouragement; you naturally understand that work isn’t work when you love what you do.
- At least 4-5 years of digital or TV Inventory. 1-2 years Management experience required.
- Highly proficient in Excel & Powerpoint.
- Working knowledge of DoubleClick, Operative, Salesforce & YT Analytics.
- Experience in advanced analytics tools such as SQL, Lookr, Tablaeu
- Understanding of high-level Yield & Monetization strategy. Experience working on projects & rolling out initiatives, and following through on their implementation.
- Experience working with dynamic digital products such as Sponsorships, Audience Guarantee, Viewability & Programmatic.
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages.
- We have in-office and external happy hours.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances.
- We offer a 401k match.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and bar.
- We are in an upscale New York city office with stunning views of Times Square.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.