Manager of Distribution Partner Management
New York, NY
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 400,000 music videos in its catalogue.
We are searching for a highly organized, self-starter Manager to support the fast-paced growth of our Distribution Partner Management team through on-boarding and nurturing of various distribution partners.
The Manager of Distribution Partner Management will report into the Senior Director of Distribution Partner Management within Vevo’s Sales and Distribution organization. This role will play an integral part in helping to achieve the company’s growth objectives while maintaining and elevating our relationships with our valuable distribution partners. The Manager will partner internally and externally with cross sections of the business, from Business Development, Business Affairs, Sales, Revenue Operations, Product and Engineering, Content and Programming, Business Operations and others. The right individual will help us become our partners best partner while delivering upon internal business goals and KPIs. In addition to excellent communication skills (written and verbal), success in this role will be dependent upon one’s ability to learn and adapt quickly, build internal and external relationships, anticipate team needs and be solution oriented when faced with challenges. A deep interest in the intersection of media, entertainment and technology is required, specifically in regard to the evolving OTT/CTV landscape, new digital trends, and emerging consumer video platforms.
As a founding member of the Distribution Partner Management team, you’ll be a part of formulating successful processes and best-practices to support the success of the overall team and Vevo’s company objectives. You will work alongside talented and insightful individuals that will challenge you to think about balancing the user experience with revenue goals, what technical solutions should be implemented to launch an MPV, and what promotional levers to pull in order to help drive growth. There is a lot of room for taking ownership of the role and exceeding expectations!
Are you up to the challenge? Yes you are. If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people”, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a Full-time position and is based at our office in New York City. We are in a convenient location between Times Square and Bryant Park, next to the 1 2 3, N R Q W, B D F M, 7 and S trains.
As a member of our team, you will
- Own the working relationship with day-to-day POCs at assigned Partners
- Work with designated Partners to troubleshoot bugs, test new capabilities and ensure proper product functionality
- Collaborate with Partners to identify new selling and marketing strategies to drive user engagement and sales
- Serve as the main internal lead and subject matter experts on all capabilities, limitations and specifications of assigned Partners.
- Lead cross-functional kick-offs and ongoing meetings to ensure launch and proper onboarding for new Partners
- Fully understand the Partner arrangements and ensure Vevo and the Partner meet all contractual agreements. Ex: sales rights, data collection, promotional placements etc.
- Coordinate with C+P to ensure programming is functioning properly and is optimized for assigned Partners
- Liaise with Product & Engineering to ensure Vevo’s product is functioning properly across assigned Partners
- Collaborate with RevOps to optimize monetization and sell-thru for each assigned Partners
- Develop go-to-market materials to drive partner specific revenue for use by the sales team
- Partner with Sr Director on QBR discussions and address any foreseen issues
This describes you
- You are self-motivated and take initiative in order to achieve quarterly goals
- You are an enthusiastic problem solver with the ability to multitask and prioritize a high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment
- You are detail oriented and hold your work to high standards
- You are an effective communicator and enjoy collaborating across departments
- You have technical aptitude with a creative mind
- You are a team player with a "can-do” attitude, adaptable, responsive and extremely organized
- You have experience working with Business Development, Product Management, and/or Product Marketing teams
- 3+ years of experience in a media, entertainment, or technology related professional environment
- Understanding of the digital video, linear TV and OTT/CTV landscapes
- Advanced Power Point skills and knowledge of G-Suite
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances.
- We offer a 401k match.
- We are in an open-concept New York city office with stunning views of Times Square
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.