Head of Data
New York City OR Los Angeles
Rev Ops – Data Science /
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 25B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
We are seeking a Head of Data to join our team of talented Data professionals. This role reports
into the EVP of Revenue, Distribution, and Data Operations. This role is responsible for
managing the Data Analytics and Data Science teams. As the Head of Data, you will play a vital
role in the Data Operations Organization leading our data strategy and driving data-driven
decision-making. You will be responsible for overseeing analysis, and interpretation to derive
valuable insights and guide our business growth. Additionally, you will collaborate with cross-
functional teams to identify opportunities for data utilization and develop innovative solutions.
Your expertise in data management, machine learning, and statistical analysis will be invaluable
in shaping our data-driven culture.
As a leader on our team, you will:
- Develop and implement data operations strategies aligned with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively with Data Engineering leaders to set Data Operations priorities.
- Work with business stakeholders across the organization to address their data needs.
- Help drive Vevo into becoming a more data driven company at all levels of the organization.
- Own the organization and management of data for the organization.
- Recommend and drive best data practices and systems for the organization to use.
- Participate in the data governance body at the organization.
- Establish and enforce data governance policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, integrity, and security.
- Define and implement processes to maintain high data quality standards, including data cleansing, validation, and enrichment.
- Work collaboratively with Data engineering on Vevo’s Data Infrastructure Management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and deliver actionable insights through data analysis and reporting, enabling informed decision-making.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure and monitor data operations performance, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as P&E, finance, Content & Programming, Sales, and operations, to understand their data requirements and provide support.
- Ensure data operations comply with relevant data protection regulations (e.g., GDPR) and implement security measures to protect sensitive data.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and industry best practices, driving innovation and continuous improvement within data operations.
This describes you:
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in data management, data governance, data quality, and data integration. Familiarity with various data technologies and platforms is important.
- Proven leadership abilities with a track record of managing, building, and leading high-performing data teams.
- Experience in setting data strategies, defining objectives, and driving results.
- Ability to develop and execute a data strategy aligned with business goals. Proficiency in data analytics, including statistical analysis, data modeling, and data visualization.
- Strong technical background in data-related technologies, such as databases (SQL and NoSQL), data warehouses, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, business intelligence tools, and programming languages like Python.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and senior management. Ability to present complex data concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated passion for staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in data technologies, industry trends, and best practices. Willingness to learn and adapt to evolving data landscapes.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, or a related field.
- 10+ years of executive leadership experience overseeing data strategy and analytics, Strong understanding of data management principles, data warehousing, and data governance.
- Hands-on expertise with data analytics, CRM, and visualization tools and platforms such as Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, HubSpot, Google Data Studio, and Google Analytics.
- Understanding of and experience working with big data technologies and cloud-based data platforms (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure).
- Familiarity with machine learning and AI techniques, including supervised and unsupervised learning, natural language processing, and predictive modeling.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate data insights into actionable strategies and recommendations.
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight-knit team.
- We really enjoy music and technology.
- We have competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
The pay range for this position is: $300k-$325k per year. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Transparency Law.
This is a full-time position based on-site/in our New York office. Vevo currently operates in a hybrid work model and requires all employees, who have not been designated as "remote" to be in the office/studio a minimum of 3 days a week.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.