New York, NY
Content & Programming
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 350,000 music videos in its catalogue.
We are currently searching for a dynamic and creatively ambitious Junior Designer to join our vibrant Design Team! In this role, you will work alongside the rest of our Original Content Team consisting of producers, editors, and senior designers to assist in driving Vevo’s company objectives. Reporting into the lead designer, you will own responsibility in working on both artist and sales materials all the while working within the newest technologies.
Vevo’s Design Team are experts in telling a story using only a single image: the thumbnail. Our designers dream in adverts and have an innate passion for type, illustration, photography, and moving image. This team services the needs of our overall Content & Programming team amongst multiple other departments, creating varied work for both our B2B and B2C needs. The marketing assets we create sit at the intersection of a movie poster, album cover, book jacket and, of course, music videos.
Are you up to the challenge? Yes, you are. If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people,” then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in New York City. We are in a convenient location in Times Square near Grand Central, Penn Station, and a host of subway options.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Create and develop creative treatments for graphics packages
- Create our visual assets for both video content and print
- Work with our producers to deliver upon their artistic vision
- Work with our insights & learning teams to apply best practice to our design work
This describes you:
- You thrive working across multiple projects simultaneously, often to tight deadlines
- You possess strong communication & time management skills
- You have the ability to convey a complex narrative in a single image visually
- You are a fantastic listener. You have the ability to on-board everything you hear from multiple teams and shape that into fantastic work
- You have a high level of interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to vocalize thoughts and suggestions to shape the conversation constructively
- You are up to date with all the modern social media strategies
- 1+ years commercial experience within a design agency
- Degree in graphic design preferable
- Experience working within the mediums of literature, album, and poster marketing design
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CC Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Knowledge in Premiere, After Effects, and 3D packages desirable
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to translate a complex creative brief into the most concise and compelling of design assets
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight-knit team
- We really enjoy music and technology
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages
- We have in-office and external happy hours
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances
- We offer a 401k match
- We have a fully stocked kitchen
- We are in an upscale New York city office with stunning views of Times Square
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.