San Diego, CA /
Technology – Engineering /
Veyo is using its platform and app-based transportation services to reinvent the medical logistics world. Our company is using technology to pioneer new operational models to help make transportation more powerful and more reliable for the healthcare industry.
When you work at Veyo, you’re helping to solve one of the nation’s growing healthcare challenges -- ensuring patients get to and from their medical appointments, safely and on-time. We are using smart design and innovative technology to make patient transportation safer and more connected. In the process, we’re transforming the entire industry.
We are currently looking for folks to join us on two of our teams:
On the IVR/Call Center team, expect to roll up your sleeves and get involved from day one! You’ll be solving complex problems using AI and machine learning techniques using industry-leading speech processing tools. We like individuals that don’t need heavy direction, who use initiative and have an entrepreneurial spirit, that question the status quo, and can share ideas collaboratively with our team. Ultimately, we want someone who can help us develop awesome tools that revolutionize the way our members interact with our services.
On Veyo's core platform team, you’ll jump in immediately as well! You will play a critical role in the organization and have the opportunity to collaborate with our talented group of engineers while working within a cross-functional team to optimize our dispatch and distribution algorithms. We value people who are self-starters and who know that when they see a problem, they must solve it. A commitment to teamwork, and a passion to constantly learn are absolute requirements.
Are you someone that pays attention to the details? That keeps learning? That is excited about exploring new AI techniques that are at the forefront of technology? We want to hear from you!
What you can expect:
- Use technology to help people lead healthier lives
- Work with an incredibly talented, intelligent team
- Freedom to try out new technologies to gauge fit for business needs
- Encouragement to grow professionally and personally – attend conferences, participate in interviews, give knowledge sharing presentations and demos
- Work in a fun, casual, collaborative, team-oriented culture
What we'll expect from you:
- Be committed to the health and safety of our passengers
- Help craft the strategy and direction of the company and an industry
- Work with our product, design, and QA teams to improve processes, extend and implement APIs, and build efficient, long term solutions used by real passengers and drivers every day
- Be passionate about technology and demonstrate a willingness to tackle unfamiliar technical challenges
- Be forward-thinking, experimental, creative, nimble, and data-driven
- Mentor junior engineers and believe that there are no dumb questions
- Work cross-functionally and cross team to develop, release, maintain and support our services and applications in test and production environments
Skills & Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years full-stack development experience in a professional environment (Mid - Senior Level)
- Solid understanding of object oriented design, front-end frameworks, cloud computing platforms, common design patterns and core computer science concepts
- Successfully used Agile methodologies to deliver in a fast-paced, changing landscape
- Experience integrating third-party APIs and services (i.e., maps, AI/machine learning systems)
- Experience with Digital Communication Technologies
- Experience developing internal and customer-facing apps and websites
- Experience troubleshooting production issues and providing production support
- Angular and Bootstrap on the front end
- C# /.NET/ GO on the back end
- Kubernetes deployment for new development with maintenance of Azure services including App Service, Azure SQL, PostgreSQL, Web Jobs, and Service Bus
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Azure Application Insights for application monitoring
- R, Python for machine-learning/AI development of our IVR system (desired)
We like the following personality traits: Friendly, social, outgoing, positive, passionate, cool under pressure, detail-oriented, deadline oriented, quick learner, multi-tasker, great sense of humor.
We’re looking for people that love the opportunity to be involved in strategy and management at the top level, but also aren’t scared to get their hands dirty and do what needs to be done to make things happen! We move quickly, and our team doesn’t know the meaning of “not my job.” We want people that want to get things done and can check their ego at the door.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. This position is only for candidates legally allowed to work in the US. EOE.
Veyo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Veyo participates in the E-Verify program for all locations.