Head of Global Business Development
Via – Business Development /
Via is a digital employer-of-record platform. We help companies build their own teams in new countries as simply as if they were doing it in their HQ by leveraging Via local entities to legally employ teams on companies' behalf and integrating to local payroll and local benefits on platform, enabling companies to set up a team in a new country in 48 hrs with none of the red tape.
As Global Business Development Lead you will lead strategy and execution of commercial partnerships across multiple markets and be on the frontlines tasked with driving our sales growth, building a multi-channel sales strategy.
You’ll thrive in this role if you’re a global soul with a passion for understanding different cultures and building bridges to connect talent to opportunity and guiding companies in becoming more global. You love operating in unchartered territory and build conviction to make quick decisions with enough resources and information, you have an entrepreneurial gut and a go-getter mindset, you’re a natural and charismatic sales person - you can easily understand and empathize with our users across markets to design solutions for them.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build and nurture a strong ecosystem of commercial partnerships across all Via markets, including: recruiter partners (to drive lead generation of new clients), benefits partners (as an additional revenue stream we sell to customers), supporting service providers such as immigration, legal and accounting firms, as well as finding and engaging with strategic ecosystem partners – investors, accelerators, incubators, government entities driving foreign investment, etc.
- Engage in senior and highly strategic conversations with public and private sector potential partners to drive collaboration and business creation across countries
- Work as an active Sales team member and participate at different touchpoints in the sales process – from sales development to deal closing to customer support – with a Business Development lens, always looking for opportunities to drive sales growth and new commercial opportunities
- Build the Business Development function from the ground up
- Engage with ecosystem of partners constantly, think of innovative ways to engage with them and maintain dynamic communication and nourishing relationship between partners, clients and Via
- Become an expert on how Via’s products and value propositions enhance the way partners sell and build solutions for their own clients
- Analyze performance of our partners and be responsible for success metrics and partner growth
- Proactively identify new commercial solutions and features to add on to our core products in each market, and implement these solutions end-to-end with Expansion and Operations teams
- Work with Expansion and Operations team to build out first commercial partnerships in new markets as we launch in 20+ countries
- Understand customer needs closely, work with Sales, Customer Success, Expansion and Product teams to react to those customer needs by identifying opportunities for new products, features, and processes
What you bring
- You’ll thrive in this role if you love sales and business development and are a natural partnership-builder. You are customer-obsessed and can easily empathize with and understand customer or partner needs, you are responsive and resourceful in reacting to customer questions, you communicate our value proposition with clarity and strength, you enjoy building long lasting partnerships with relevant stakeholders to drive growth and scale channel partnerships, you enjoy proactively identifying opportunities to deliver more and better solutions to clients and employees across multiple countries and executing on those opportunities end-to-end
- You are a master at guiding and influencing collaborative conversations and building rappor with your counterparts
- 4+ years in Business Development, Sales functions at a fast-growing tech startup or multinational
- Creative problem-solver - optimistic, “yes” mentality to finding a way to solve customer problems
- You thrive in finding creative solutions to problems and thinking out of the box
- You are highly empathetic in dealing with clients and understanding their needs closely You have an entrepreneurial mindset- you embrace uncertainty and have proven experience building teams and processes from the ground up with little direction
- You are a global soul- you can relate and adapt your style to working with different cultures Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- You are inspired with making a difference in democratizing talent across the world
- Native English, and other languages a plus
What we offer
- Be part of a category-defining company that is changing how organizations hire globally
- A highly strategic leadership seat at the table in creating a company that is redefining how organizations hire around the world
- Remote work: work at one of Via’s offices or from anywhere in the world (assuming you have proper work authorization for that given country)
- Competitive salary, variable comp, and early equity
- Ability to lead and build processes from the ground up, having a direct impact to clients and team members