Senior Compliance Manager
New York, NY
Compliance & Legal – Compliance & Legal
Prepared to commit every inch of talent, motivation and desire or even late-night work shifts to get the required results? Continue reading. Not sure? Stop reading.
At ViaBill, we want to become the first and biggest global point-of-sale financing solution. Becoming the best at something is not easy. It takes skill, hard work, and an unmatched level of ambition. But if you deliver, the world will be at your feet.
We believe in the same ideals. We offer a job with great potential for career development, freedom to unfold skills and competences, and equal treatment. Everything is measured and backed up by numbers and data. Put differently: If you are ready to learn, grow and become a world-beater, you will be rewarded for your effort. To spell it out: Get shit done and claim your reward.
We won’t lie. Business is a warzone. It takes something extraordinary to come out on top. And we need you to go that extra mile for the greater good – and yourself.
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu In
The last 4 years, we’ve grown from our first office in an art gallery to multiple offices throughout the world - the newest addition being our New York office. From a handful of customers to handling transactions worth more than $150M per year.
From engineers to sales, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get ViaBill into the hands of millions of people.
ViaBill is looking for a Senior Compliance Manager to lead the development of our Compliance Management System (CMS) and oversee its implementation across the business and staff functions. The Senior Compliance Manager will be in charge of ensuring that business units abide by applicable laws, rules, and regulations. The position require driving the compliance framework forward and shaping the regulatory strategy to help growing ViaBill’s business.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working within a high-performing, fast- paced environment building CMS. It is expected you have excellent communication skills both orally and written. You will be part of the senior management based in New York City.
What you will do
- Develop and implement the Compliance Management System.
- Plan and execute continuous monitoring of key regulatory compliance (AML, KYC, Sanctions) and financial partner requirement.
- Assist in the administration of ViaBill’s Compliance Training, including developing targeting training for internal business areas.
- Be recognized as a leader; develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Stay on top of regulatory developments, industry trends, and Company roadmap to drive better product decisions.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of existing controls and provide direction on opportunities for improvement.
What we look for
- You have 4+ years of experience in financial services or law firm, preferred experience in Compliance or other controls related area.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You dare to think outside the box to recommend appropriate solutions.
- You have working knowledge of reporting, compliance, and/or regulatory environment preferred.
- You have experience with consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, GLBA, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, and UDAAP.
- You have superior analytical and problem solving skills with superb attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to execute in a high-demand setting, sound decision-making, and collaboration skills.
- You have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with various levels of an organization.
- You are highly disciplined, able to make independent decisions and work with limited supervision while excelling in a dynamic, demanding environment.